Rose Thread

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I've been talking conference championships and bowl wins, which are both why Pelini was fired. A great season that doesn't accomplish any set end goals means nothing at the end of the day hence why people are already back on the "Fire Ferentz" bandwagon.

Butthurt? Grow up. You should probably step back and take a look at the realistic perspective of things. Programs don't list all of the years they were runner-ups in conference championships. No need to be so offended by it.
Yeah, KF is really taking heat for this season. Get real.

This year was nothing but a success for the hawks. You should step back and look at things realistically- not the NC or conference title or bust nonsense.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The way the numbers look what we have been fed about the Rose Bowl has been wrong. Stanford did sell all their tickets and showed up for the game. The TV ratings were an all time low for the Rose Bowl and it wasn't the top rated NYs 6 game.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
They should have marked the game as adult material to get the ratings up.

Herky won't be able to walk straight for a week after getting a Christmas tree shoved up his bum.

Last edited:

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
With the way yesterday went, I wonder if McCaffery scored again last night with a couple of Iowa cheerleaders. Probably woulda been the most physically taxing thing he did all day.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
KF said he was proud of his team, so maybe he will get the Elmer J. Fudd treatment from our trolls now?

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
hawkeye_cries.0.gif

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Can't wait to do this all over again next season since Iowa's schedule is once again easy. I would love a Stanford/Iowa rematch. Let's hope they both lose two/three games and meet in the Bolts'MomIsHot.com bowl. I would love to see what newly-named Heisman-winning Stanford RB Christian McCaffery would do for an encore.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Can't wait to do this all over again next season since Iowa's schedule is once again easy. I would love a Stanford/Iowa rematch. Let's hope they both lose two/three games and meet in the Bolts'MomIsHot.com bowl. I would love to see what newly-named Heisman-winning Stanford RB Christian McCaffery would do for an encore.
Just keep the Stanford band from attending, as that was too much for soft Iowa fans.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Just keep the Stanford band from attending, as that was too much for soft Iowa fans.

EStats/Info: Stanford's Christian McCaffrey averaged 6.1 yards before contact per rush in Rose Bowl, his 2nd-highest in a game this season.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Colin Cowherd just called Iowa the worst fanbase in America, the fake ID of college football that pretends they want to be with the big boys without a reason to be.

I don't like the guy, but that was a nice moment.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Colin Cowherd just called Iowa the worst fanbase in America, the fake ID of college football that pretends they want to be with the big boys without a reason to be.

I don't like the guy, but that was a nice moment.

Never been a fan of that guy until now.

Elite program? Bwaa haa haa haaaaaa

Help Support Us

Become a patron