Iowa vs. NDSU

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
isu is always touting their newest savior. Been doing it since the 1980's. I am simply asking why is this savior any different than the last 6?

Facilities and fan support are two differences.

Campbell's recruiting for classes #1 and 2 without even playing a game yet would be another difference.

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008
It's obvious that Barta, Ferentz and Doyle staying at Iowa is a good thing for ISU

Maybe, but it's also good for Iowa: 13 bowl games in 17 years including 2 Orange Bowls and a Rose Bowl, 5 top ten finishes in 17 years, 12 seasons with 7 plus wins and 147 wins in 17 years and 5 seasons of double digit wins. Oh yeah also 61 draft picks as well.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Maybe, but it's also good for Iowa: 13 bowl games in 17 years including 2 Orange Bowls and a Rose Bowl, 5 top ten finishes in 17 years, 12 seasons with 7 plus wins and 147 wins in 17 years and 5 seasons of double digit wins. Oh yeah also 61 draft picks as well.

Yeah like I've stated multiple times, Iowa used to be pretty darn good. ISU sucks and their last bowl win was only a year prior to Iowa's last bowl win plus Iowa only has one more top 25 finish than ISU the last 6 years

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
Facilities and fan support are two differences.

Campbell's recruiting for classes #1 and 2 without even playing a game yet would be another difference.

I thought the facilities and fan support were there last year and it made zero difference.

Oh and while your facilities may be good for isu they pale in comparison to many in the top half of the Big Ten, SEC and Pac 12.

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
Yeah like I've stated multiple times, Iowa used to be pretty darn good. ISU sucks and their last bowl win was only a year prior to Iowa's last bowl win plus Iowa only has one more top 25 finish than ISU the last 6 years

Iowa has more top ten finishes the last 10 months than isu has ever had. Selective time frames can be fun. Iowa fans however don't selective time frames the meek less pathetic.

Does it help you get to sleep each night Cy fan?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa has more top ten finishes the last 10 months than isu has ever had. Selective time frames can be fun. Iowa fans however don't selective time frames the meek less pathetic.

Does it help you get to sleep each night Cy fan?

Not everyone can be blessed with a Big Ten West schedule. We saw what happened when they played a real team

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and CyInDFW

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016

Nope, those facts are not in the pre-approved isu propoganda so please refraining from ever bringing them up again.

Cy fans prefer to be selective with facts and time fram so they don't feel so pathetic.

ViktorLuzor

May 1, 2016
New Ames, Iowaland
Doyle is underpaid based on our results and number of NFL draft picks he has created.

1976 is that it the last year isu had a first round draft pick in the NFL? No wonder you can't grasp the obvious.

You know what I don't take any credit for? The success and failure of a football team I cheer for. But you do, and that is unhealthy.

I love to break it to you, but "your" Hawkeye superiority on the field is actually a whole bunch of people who are NOT you who do all of the sweating and play-book studying and working out.

You are just a fan. Like me. Our job is to watch and enjoy, but nothing we do, beyond joining thousands of other fans in yelling on game day, directly contributes to the play on the field. So we can't take credit for that.

See, all you do is put on a shirt that says "Hawkeyes", but you seem to think that makes you something. It actually doesn't. It really, really doesn't. You're just a sad guy sitting in front of a computer, while you attempt to offend and upset people apparently because your life is pretty much devoid of true purpose and meaning. Hang it up, dude, or try a different approach. My heart hurts for you.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
When isu has 5 top ten finishes in 15 years, conference championships, New Years so x bowl and coach of a he y at award winners let us know.

Until then, all little bro has is beating Iowa.

Only ISU fans use selective time frames!

91sn32Q.jpg

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Hey Twins, is this $600,000 S & C coach the one that put all those guys in the hospital with rhabdo?

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
Not everyone can be blessed with a Big Ten West schedule. We saw what happened when they played a real team

You do know that SOS is only a meaningful metric for the teams in the top ten at end of the regular season? In order to calculate it however, every team needs its schedule ranked. When you are as bad as isu it doesn't matter who you play.

Give us more examples of how little you know about college football. I won't laugh really.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You do know that SOS is only a meaningful metric for the teams in the top ten at end of the regular season? In order to calculate it however, every team needs its schedule ranked. When you are as bad as isu it doesn't matter who you play.

Give us more examples of how little you know about college football. I won't laugh really.

SOS is very meaningful in terms of wins and losses in college athletics so this is just wrong

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
Hey Twins, is this $600,000 S & C coach the one that put all those guys in the hospital with rhabdo?

You mean the $600,000 coach who develops players into NFL draft picks? Don't tell recruits that, they may ask Matty boy how many first rounders he has developed?

HistoricAmes

Aug 9, 2016
SOS is very meaningful in terms of wins and losses in college athletics so this is just wrong

Then demand that the CFP panel use it differently. Tell us more about how little you grasp about college fooball.

They won't laugh at you really.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I thought CyTwins was having a nervous breakdown and talking to himself...then I remembered I put Historic on ignore

I'm thinking I chose right in putting him on ignore.

Right there with you. Then I make the mistake of reading the ignored content to see what exactly Twins is saying and I see that Historic is on a repeat loop of the same troll comments. Starting to think with the high volume of repeat posts in a short time period he is CW trying to pay for the site upgrade.