Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Waking up this morning to such a horrifying story about the two metro police officers. What was even worse was waking up to a text from my mother saying "please change your career path.. Love, Mom"

When I was laid off there were two career paths that were quickly shot down. Air Force and Police.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I am not sure if any of you are familiar with the American Royale, but I had a chance to sample some of the product that was made to be judged today for lunch. It was cooked Sunday and has been into coworker's fridge since then, but I have never had better BBQ in my life. These guys are amazing. I think a team from Iowa took home the grand champion ribbon this year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife just told me who the officers are. I'm 99% sure that I know one of his sons fairly well. My son was on wrestling teams with him and I'd run into him and his mom (parents divorced) at youth meets nonstop. Nice kid, feels even worse when you actually know family affected.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Waking up this morning to such a horrifying story about the two metro police officers. What was even worse was waking up to a text from my mother saying "please change your career path.. Love, Mom"
One of the toughest things I've had to do as a mom is watch my sons deploy to Iraq & Afghanistan. My sympathies to your mother; I understand where she's coming from...but your career path should be your choice (with the consultation of any future spouse).

• Agree
Reactions: Bu4ISU and wxman1

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
This lady just started yesterday here and already decided to park in a spot I've parked at for years.

Ahhhh helllll no. Park in the back of the lot newbie

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife just told me who the officers are. I'm 99% sure that I know one of his sons fairly well. My son was on wrestling teams with him and I'd run into him and his mom (parents divorced) at youth meets nonstop. Nice kid, feels even worse when you actually know family affected.

Unfortunately it was confirmed. Please keep these officers families in your prayers.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA

What really surprised me was how many play lists there are. Just search Halloween songs for toddlers or kids. There are cars, counting skeleton videos, pumpkin counting or facial expressions (1 little pumpkin is happy.....)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
DH not home yet so I get to watch the CMA's open. Fun watching all these old songs be sung

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I am not sure if any of you are familiar with the American Royale, but I had a chance to sample some of the product that was made to be judged today for lunch. It was cooked Sunday and has been into coworker's fridge since then, but I have never had better BBQ in my life. These guys are amazing. I think a team from Iowa took home the grand champion ribbon this year.

Well I'm jealous, glad you got to have some awesome BBQ though. Probably worth moving from the cities to KC just for the BBQ.

• Agree
Reactions: mctallerton

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This lady just started yesterday here and already decided to park in a spot I've parked at for years.

Ahhhh helllll no. Park in the back of the lot newbie

Are they assigned? If not try going to work earlier and you'll get to park where you want.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Are they assigned? If not try going to work earlier and you'll get to park where you want.
No not assigned. We have like 50 spots for I'd say 12-15 cars. I don't have a long walk to the door, it's just the principle of it. When I started I parked in the back row.

It doesn't bother me that much, kind of just ******** to *****

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wxman, If you're looking for a plane thread, I will suggest Shaggy Bevo, BadaBing forum, airplane fanatic thread. post 1761 some guy has some signs in his bar room that I thought you might enjoy. The whole thread is pretty cool, I don't know much about planes, but it is fun reading a thread by people who do.

The CMA show is pretty good tonight. Carrie Underwood could use me till she threw me out and I wouldn't care.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I love BBQ, the amount of great places down here is unbelievable.

Have you had a chance to go to LC's yet? Went there this summer my favorite baked beans ever, and their brisket was good also. It's a real hole in the wall, but DAMN it was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.