Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
So basically, nothing happened.

Kind of a **** comment.

Had a great question from a fan about walk-ons and I loved Campbell's response.

"I want to turn this program into Nebraska in the 80s," in reference to walk-ons. They have big plans in that capacity.

Matt talked a lot about not shying away from anybody in recruiting, especially Iowa. We discussed the importance of taking guys who REALLY want to be at Iowa State and not just fliers from Florida or Texas, just because they are from Florida or Texas.

I learned a lot.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
Chris, somebody has to ask and I was there last night, did you have your off the record talk with Matt about the entrance song?!?! Hoping for good news their.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
Chris, also I really enjoyed the Q&A last night. I think a good suggestion would be next year maybe we could submit questions ahead of time and have you pick the ones you like and read to the coaches. I was in the back of the restaurant so I didn't get a good chance to speak up.I enjoyed the uniform talk also from last night from the coaches. Thanks for holding the event and loved it. Been to every one so far.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Kind of a **** comment.

Had a great question from a fan about walk-ons and I loved Campbell's response.

"I want to turn this program into Nebraska in the 80s," in reference to walk-ons. They have big plans in that capacity.

Matt talked a lot about not shying away from anybody in recruiting, especially Iowa. We discussed the importance of taking guys who REALLY want to be at Iowa State and not just fliers from Florida or Texas, just because they are from Florida or Texas.

I learned a lot.

Love that this staff has a strategy to try and control things they can control (recruiting a specific type of kid, walk-on program, uniforms, innovative marketing and communication tools to brand the program). Equally nice to see them not waste time addressing things over which they have no control (ISU historical lack of success, cold weather climate, location of the airport etc.).

Just my opinion, but it sometimes looked like the previous staff aimed at nothing in particular…and hit it with amazing accuracy.

• Agree
Reactions: AAFCO

MrPeske

Apr 11, 2006
downtown Des Moines
My advice to CMC on how to make the Jack most intimidating... #FreeBuschLight He liked it.

CW I was the guy raising my hand, it was pretty funny. Your wife is way younger, but I'm a looker too

Also what about having a DJ spinning tunes in front of the student section (how early do they get let in? Couldnt these tunes help pass the time & fire up the crowd?! . Rotate different entrance songs until we find the one that right. A good DJ would figure it out, so maybe rotate DJs

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Chris, somebody has to ask and I was there last night, did you have your off the record talk with Matt about the entrance song?!?! Hoping for good news their.

Haha. No. That will happen in the offseason.

True story though: Coach and I talked a lot about it last summer and He wouldn't tell me what it was going to be. When I heard it on the first time, I texted him DURING THE GAME (obviously knowing he wouldn't get it till later) and said, "Way to go. You really screwed this one up." Something like that. I was obviously half-joking (half) with him but felt terrible when the lost to fricking UNI and that was likely one of the first things he saw after.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and isu2014

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Haha. No. That will happen in the offseason.

True story though: Coach and I talked a lot about it last summer and He wouldn't tell me what it was going to be. When I heard it on the first time, I texted him DURING THE GAME (obviously knowing he wouldn't get it till later) and said, "Way to go. You really screwed this one up." Something like that. I was obviously half-joking (half) with him but felt terrible when the lost to fricking UNI and that was likely one of the first things he saw after.

Kudos to CW for holding him accountable. Campbell actually looked sorry last night that he had not been more successful in picking the entrance song for his first season.

P.S. For the record, CW does deserve the bulk of the credit for getting rid of Smoke on the Water.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Hells Bells?????

Students are whipped into a frenzy for about 50 seconds and then sound decibal level increases, fog rolls in, team starts coming with loud fireworks going off. What's not to like.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Hells Bells?????

Students are whipped into a frenzy for about 50 seconds and then sound decibal level increases, fog rolls in, team starts coming with loud fireworks going off. What's not to like.

I wanna say KU used this as their entrance song a few years ago but I could be misremembering.

I think avoiding anything by AC/DC is a good move because their songs get played so much during most college/NFL games...kind of like For Whom The Bell Tolls and Crazy Train...which is sad because FWTBT would be a great entrance song.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Hells Bells?????

I am more towards "For Whom the Bell Tolls" as I cannot think of anyone who enters to it. (I am sure someone likely does tho).

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
My sons played both songs while in high school in locker room. Everyone always seemed jacked and ready to go. FWTBT's would be fine. Also, there is some great techno type songs that have awesome beats that build excitement. Really big in Europe.

OR "we will rock you" changing the verse to "we will smack you"

Last edited:

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
So, the only football related information learned from last night's get-together was to "expect good things from Chase Allen" ???

Help Support Us

Become a patron