Football Recruiting Party - Feb 9th

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My advice to CMC on how to make the Jack most intimidating... #FreeBuschLight He liked it.

CW I was the guy raising my hand, it was pretty funny. Your wife is way younger, but I'm a looker too

Also what about having a DJ spinning tunes in front of the student section (how early do they get let in? Couldnt these tunes help pass the time & fire up the crowd?! . Rotate different entrance songs until we find the one that right. A good DJ would figure it out, so maybe rotate DJs

Dear lord go check out Shaggy Texas and see how well the DJ in the student section goes over. Maybe it might work here but they didn't like it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Well then F*** that and the Suckeyes. Forget I ever suggested it.

That was the problem with Thunderstruck this year. It was too similar to the Hokeye's entrance to Back in Black. And it was used by North Dakota State who came to Jack Trice Stadium and won a few years ago.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
So, having an entrance song by the same band as a perennial bowl team, and a team that won 5 national titles in a row is wrong? Not sure I get that math.

In a world of music that makes you want to run through walls and jack fans up, I'm guessing the track number is fairly limited. Just my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I think the real issue is that we started using thunderstruck about 25 years too late. Face it, it fits perfectly with our nickname and Campbell's #astormisbrewing and other slogans.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So, to open the real can of worms.... we are getting all new uniforms this season, right CW? Cardinal, White, AND Gold helmets I presume? Gray helmets? Or is the gray thing going away? Any news on this front?

And yes, I know uniforms don't mean squat, but it's still a topic of interest.... just a fact.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
So, to open the real can of worms.... we are getting all new uniforms this season, right CW? Cardinal, White, AND Gold helmets I presume? Gray helmets? Or is the gray thing going away? Any news on this front?

And yes, I know uniforms don't mean squat, but it's still a topic of interest.... just a fact.

Any big uniform changes likely won't take place until the 2018 season.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
It might be cool if Jake could create something techno with the words Cyclone Power. It would be cool to have the entire stadium chanting Cyclone Power and a bad ass song to go with it.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Any big uniform changes likely won't take place until the 2018 season.

Seriously? Everyone wanted new uni's last season, but said we wouldn't have them until 2017 because Nike needed a year to do them. But now we won't have any this year either? How about just adding some gold helmets, that would be plenty enough for me.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Seriously? Everyone wanted new uni's last season, but said we wouldn't have them until 2017 because Nike needed a year to do them. But now we won't have any this year either? How about just adding some gold helmets, that would be plenty enough for me.

There will be more changes this year from what I've heard but nothing drastic until next year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron