Seriously Leistikow?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Why wouldn't sports fans of a team like a "Homer" covering the team? I mean seriously Randy pumps as much sunshine in Clone land as any Hawk reporter does in the Hawkeye State.

I don't see anything wrong with that. For instance do you guys like this website run by a Clone fan over let's say a fake Clone fan running a website like The Stever Deacer dude? I mean Steve is gonna give you more "unbiased" coverage, Is that better coverage?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why wouldn't sports fans of a team like a "Homer" covering the team? I mean seriously Randy pumps as much sunshine in Clone land as any Hawk reporter does in the Hawkeye State.

I don't see anything wrong with that. For instance do you guys like this website run by a Clone fan over let's say a fake Clone fan running a website like The Stever Deacer dude? I mean Steve is gonna give you more "unbiased" coverage, Is that better coverage?

I prefer unbiased coverage from reporters actually, if I want to read biased stuff I'd come to CF

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You can't seriously think that Randy gives unbiased coverage.

Randy's coverage of the Cyclones at times feels like he's forced to do it.

I grew up reading Mike Hlas, and while he's mainly a Hawker, he doesn't hold back in calling them out and also gives ISU its due here and there.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Randy is negative a lot towards ISU.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Randy doesn't pump sunshine. He's not unbiased, per se, but he's of the older persuasion who have seen the lowest pf ISU lows. I actually think it takes a lot to get him excited. He's certainly not at the level of the Hawks' DMR writers, Leistikow, or anyone out east. If you want to read an ISU sunshine pumper, Dylan Montz is your guy. Which you kinda have to do out east so that Cyclone fans will actually buy your paper and not just come to a place like CF. I live in DSM, but don't subscribe to the DMR as most of it is hot garbage not written by Iowans.