Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
No matter what happens next, you guys are winners!

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

Thanks man.

meet-the-fockers-wall-of-gaylord1-jpg.256262

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Hope Iowa had lots of recruits in for the NIT game looked really good on tv. Big win if you asked me two months ago if I thought Iowa would be a one seed with a chance at a national championship I'd say you cray.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
No, we're getting pissed off because you are making a demonstrably stupid point over and over and disregarding obvious factors.

NOBODY IS DISAGREEING WITH YOUR STATEMENT. OF COURSE TEAMS ARE EVALUATED INDIVIDUALLY.

The point Is that when you play a huge number of top ten teams, you get a ton of exposure. There is literally not one win that would have helped Iowa State as much as beating KU on the road available in the Big 10. There were legit concerns about Iowa State making the tourney in early feb and they are now a 5 seed.

You want to really gauge how tough the big 12 is? An 11-20 OU team is rated higher on KenPom than Iowa. Think about that for a second.

You need to learn to read. I have said time and again that the Big12 was tougher. I have clarified that it is likely that ISU doesn't play as tough of schedule in the BigTen.

You should have just read my post and said:

NOBODY IS DISAGREEING WITH YOUR STATEMENT. OF COURSE TEAMS ARE EVALUATED INDIVIDUALLY

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: CY88CE11

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
400 level classes include a class that would be 401, not that you have any experience with that.
I know, I'm just a dumbass with a political science degree from Iowa. I love how people are so quick with the ad hominem here.

I HAS ME AN EDUMACATION THAT I GOTS PAID FOUR FROM DA UNYTED STEAKZ NAVEEY.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Agreed. But they gave us a much better game than you guys did.

Yes, because December games are a great measuring stick on how good a team actually is. Just ask Omaha. They definitely gave Iowa a better game than Iowa State, South Dakota, Purdue or Michigan did in Iowa City. Man, Omaha must be Awesome!!!!

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Yes, because December games are a great measuring stick on how good a team actually is. Just ask Omaha. They definitely gave Iowa a better game than Iowa State, South Dakota, Purdue or Michigan did in Iowa City. Man, Omaha must be Awesome!!!!
giphy.gif

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I know, I'm just a dumbass with a political science degree from Iowa. I love how people are so quick with the ad hominem here.

I HAS ME AN EDUMACATION THAT I GOTS PAID FOUR FROM DA UNYTED STEAKZ NAVEEY.

Political Science Degree. From Iowa. Whoa. You must be the smartest person alive!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.