Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
giphy.gif

yep. Man. You really got me there. With your Spaceballs thing and everything. Go masturbate now. You've earned it.

• Funny
Reactions: HFCS and Hawkmi1987

Aug 26, 2014
I might have to check on TCU slaughtering the hoks Sunday. Though I may be too busy celebrating a sweet 16 birth.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think Iowa has some very nice pieces to build a team on next year. Their bigs are not amazing, but they are solid, and they have shooters. Just really lack a lot of consistency right now. They may struggle to find someone to get there own shot after Jok is gone, but they do have decent post play, which is a good start.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I've got a bold prediction. Over the course of the Bohannon/Cook Class Iowa will have a winning record vs ISU but ISU will make more actual tournaments.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I think Iowa has some very nice pieces to build a team on next year. Their bigs are not amazing, but they are solid, and they have shooters. Just really lack a lot of consistency right now. They may struggle to find someone to get there own shot after Jok is gone, but they do have decent post play, which is a good start.

I don't typically watch Iowa basketball, but they do have bigs that move well.

Are they always that careless with the basketball? Ball was bouncing between them and South Dakota like a Plinko wall.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I've got a bold prediction. Over the course of the Bohannon/Cook Class Iowa will have a winning record vs ISU but ISU will make more actual tournaments.

Ballsy prediction considering you waited until the end of their first season to make it.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Dakich may be right about Bohannon.

He very well could be a 1500+ point scorer by the time his career is done at Iowa.

Has really been a pleasant surprise this year.

He may wind up a good player, but you see many, many college freshman regress their sophomore years. Teams figure out how to guard you. This is especially the case with a guy like Bohannon who is limited athletically. Who knows, but between teams having a year to look at film on him, and losing Jok, I'll be interested to see what he is next year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Dakich may be right about Bohannon.

He very well could be a 1500+ point scorer by the time his career is done at Iowa.

Has really been a pleasant surprise this year.

He has the second most shots on the team and only averages 10 ppg. He's going to have to shoot A LOT to make that happen

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
He has the second most shots on the team and only averages 10 ppg. He's going to have to shoot A LOT to make that happen

Well the leading shot taker this year is a senior so the shots will be there. Not often you see a freshman PG shooting over 40% from 3 with the number of 3's Bohannon has attempted.

Reactions: HawkeyeMashup
Status
Not open for further replies.