***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Please don't take it personally, but some of these type jokes don't cause me to even chuckle anymore. All I heard was how Bohannon and Pemsl weren't athletic enough. Bull. They are going to challenge for all-big 10 status some year and have good careers. Dislike the Hawks (mostly their put-down fans and how they treat us) as much as the next guy, but I think Fran has proven he can recruit well enough and coach them.
I agree with you in the fact that posters here play down the ability of Bohannon and Pemsl, and they are better than they get credit for on here. But, if those two are all big10 some year, the big 10 will have to be down. They still bring in big time recruits in that conference.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Please don't take it personally, but some of these type jokes don't cause me to even chuckle anymore. All I heard was how Bohannon and Pemsl weren't athletic enough. Bull. They are going to challenge for all-big 10 status some year and have good careers. Dislike the Hawks (mostly their put-down fans and how they treat us) as much as the next guy, but I think Fran has proven he can recruit well enough and coach them.
Don't worry about me being offended or anything. I don't take anything personally anymore. I probably should stop with these types of jokes but I think I'm still suffering from a bit of Woodbury withdrawal. He really was a perfect villain for a Cyclone fan.

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
I agree with you in the fact that posters here play down the ability of Bohannon and Pemsl, and they are better than they get credit for on here. But, if those two are all big10 some year, the big 10 will have to be down. They still bring in big time recruits in that conference.

Tyler Cook has a higher ceiling than both Bohannon and Pemsl. Fran can recruit, but his teams leave you wanting more. (That could be said for any team) Think if the talent that has gone through there recently Marble Jr., White, Utoff, Jok, etc. Has it translated into the success that it should have?

I think Fran's red-faced baby act on the sidelines sometimes translates to his team and they wilt under pressure. They can beat anybody, but not consistently beating teams they should. Example -- TCU in Iowa City.

• Winner
Reactions: srjclone

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

I really think Bohannon is all big 10 material, regardless of rest of conference
/stars. Kid can run a team and shoot the rock. But guess I have a weak spot for great shooters.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I really think Bohannon is all big 10 material, regardless of rest of conference
/stars. Kid can run a team and shoot the rock. But guess I have a weak spot for great shooters.
tenor.gif

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

6-1 guard. 14.1 ppg 2.3 rpg 1.7 apg. Shot 36% from 3. Originally from St. Louis.

Got Cuonzo Martin written all over it. A whole different type of "shady" just showed up in Columbia.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Not that I really want to talk more about the rival on here, but where are you that are so disagreeing, think I 'm so off base on this?? As their team gets better with experience, he'll get even more shots & assists. Seems like a great shooter, with range, to me. I must be going blind then.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Does a 4-man priority mean this pretty much says Solomon will stay at the 5 position then, for the most part?

Reading between the lines he is looking for a stretch 4 man like Burton played for ISU this year i.e. Justion. In that scenario Solomon would man the 4. It would allow for big lineups the Stretch 4 moving to the SF, Solomon to the PF and slot Kosongo/Lard at the C.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy