RECRUITING: Players Iowa State is involved with during the spring cycle

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Were we ever listed in a tweet as being one of the teams 'involved', or was it just that this board or CW said we inquired? Sorry, can't recall.

ISU coaches visited him (last Monday I believe). It just was never officially reported by anyone if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Isaiah Canaan got a lot of love from the announcers anyway during the Bulls game yesterday. Not sure if things like that in any way help with any of these guys but it certainly can't hurt.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Isaiah Canaan got a lot of love from the announcers anyway during the Bulls game yesterday. Not sure if things like that in any way help with any of these guys but it certainly can't hurt.

Didn't get to see the game, but sure is weird to hear about him and his play when he was pretty much nonexistent for much of the season. Guess that just proves you need to work on your game and always be ready! Rondo injury not good for Bulls, but maybe for Canaan's career it is.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Didn't get to see the game, but sure is weird to hear about him and his play when he was pretty much nonexistent for much of the season. Guess that just proves you need to work on your game and always be ready! Rondo injury not good for Bulls, but maybe for Canaan's career it is.

I don't know how NBA roster changes work but I think they said he wasn't even on the playoff roster until Rondo's injury. Even though he didn't score a ton, they said they could spread the floor better with him than Grant or Carter-Williams because he is considered a better three threat and have Butler essentially act as point. They also seemed to think he was more solid on defense than the other options. Not sure if that is the player himself, work at various NBA teams, or starting to be a characteristic of Prohm players.

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis
I am settled down. Nice house, good job, great family. Even have 2 dogs!

I was obviously being facetious, but I know that's hard to tell over a post.
I kind of thought you were being facetious, but just quoted yours as (1) it was the last post at that time and (2) wanted to add to the "settle down" message towards everyone else...

2 Dogs - Yes, you are definitely settled. I just brought home one big dog two weeks ago and can already tell a second dog is probably in order to keep the first occupied.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Isn't he the one who they got from the Thunder in the McDermott trade? Or was it the other Murray State guy? The Bulls problems are more on the coach and the management than any of the poor players that have the bad luck of playing for them.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Isn't he the one who they got from the Thunder in the McDermott trade? Or was it the other Murray State guy? The Bulls problems are more on the coach and the management than any of the poor players that have the bad luck of playing for them.
well, how did those bad players get there? Horrible front office. I refuse to believe Fred has any say in what players get brought in. Because if he did there is no way he would have gone out and gotten 2 of the most notoriously bad shooting guards in the league, both over 30.

Not saying everything Fred has done has been great, but I put blame more on GarPax over anything he has done.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

I think he might have been part of that multi player thing but not sure. I don't think he ever played for the Thunder. He was at Houston and than Philly most recently I think. I think McHale must have been in the booth as it was someone who talked about coaching him at Houston.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
well, how did those bad players get there? Horrible front office. I refuse to believe Fred has any say in what players get brought in. Because if he did there is no way he would have gone out and gotten 2 of the most notoriously bad shooting guards in the league, both over 30.

Not saying everything Fred has done has been great, but I put blame more on GarPax over anything he has done.

I'm biased, but lets put it this way, I'm surprised that with the way that Fred was able to coach his teams here, that he is so clueless in Chicago. Again, we should remember that this was never billed as a rebuild by management OR by Fred. There's talent there. He hasn't figured out to make it work. And he may not have pull over management, but we heard about what a great friend Gar is and how close they were and how much they both loved each other, so I sort of doubt that Fred hasn't told Gar what he wants.

• Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think he might have been part of that multi player thing but not sure. I don't think he ever played for the Thunder. He was at Houston and than Philly most recently I think. I think McHale must have been in the booth as it was someone who talked about coaching him at Houston.

Now, that I think of it, I think you are right. Canaan was the one that was with the Bulls to start the year. They got another Murray State guard in the McDermott trade, but I think he got sent down to the D league a few weeks after the trade.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

Good god. No, that was Payne, and Payne has been mostly injured since they got him from OKC.
The front office has made some questionable moves and questionable draft decisions but there are some things that have been out of their control injury wise. No one expected after Rose won the MVP that he would never be the same again.
This year, they are up 2-0 on the Celts with Rondo playing like his old self and then he goes down with injury. You can't put that on the coach or the front office.
Wade struggled in both home games. They are basically as good as they should be considering their roster.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'm biased, but lets put it this way, I'm surprised that with the way that Fred was able to coach his teams here, that he is so clueless in Chicago. Again, we should remember that this was never billed as a rebuild by management OR by Fred. There's talent there. He hasn't figured out to make it work. And he may not have pull over management, but we heard about what a great friend Gar is and how close they were and how much they both loved each other, so I sort of doubt that Fred hasn't told Gar what he wants.
I always felt Gar put Fred in that position because he knew he wasn't a Thibs personality who it is his way or there will be tension. Gar knew Fred well, and trusted him.

You can feel what you want, but I am sure that if Fred were to have any pull whatsoever last off season, this team would look a lot different.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

You are clueless.

Help Support Us

Become a patron