ESPN Laying Off Additional On-Air Personalities

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
What did he do though? Report from the stadium before games? Why is that a necessary thing? 1 guy in front of a green screen could fill the role of every person they send to each game every week.
He was ESPN's Dallas Cowboys guy. AMERICA'S TEAM!! Give me a break with that crap too.

ESPN has been insanely biased over the last few years.
NFL? Cowboys and Patriots.
NBA? LeBron and Warriors.
MLB? Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs.
NHL? Almost no overage.
College Football? SEC and Ohio State.
College Basketball? Blue Bloods only.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and aauummm

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If Rovell and/or Kanell get shown the door, I won't cry.
If people are going to complain about sideline reporters they need to take a look at Rovell. What does he do? Seriously. Tweet about baseball park food and athlete endorsement deals?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
If people are going to complain about sideline reporters they need to take a look at Rovell. What does he do? Seriously. Tweet about baseball park food and athlete endorsement deals?

agreed. Rovell is stealing money in the form of his salary. He offers so little contribution.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
agreed. Rovell is stealing money in the form of his salary. He offers so little contribution.

Come on.. you didn't like his segment of taking the Wonderlick test and posting it on Twitter!!?!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Sideline reporters seem more legit than most of the studio people to me. Granted, the only thing I watch once in a while besides an actual sporting event on ESPN is Mike & Mike, and usually during football season. SportsCenter is complete garbage.

Reactions: aobie and harimad

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Whoa whoa whoa... I could not disagree more. If ESPN fires Rovell who else are you going to find to go on periscope, open packs of baseball cards from the late 80's and guess the players?
You know how people complain about NFL Draft prospects Wonderlic scores? Rovell took it and scored 26 out of 50. Jameis Winston, who some would say isn't the smartest dude, scored 27.

He even dropped the classic, "The trust is I've never been a great test taker."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-publishing-leaked-scores-nfl-draft-prospects

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Cutting people like Dana O'Neil who provide actual content, while keeping someone like Stephen A. Smith or Darren Rovell will be just about all I need to discontinue ESPN altogether.

I don't even watch ESPN anymore. I'll flip it on for games, of course but once halftime rolls around I'll change it and I for sure don't stick around for sportscenter or anything.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
You know how people complain about NFL Draft prospects Wonderlic scores? Rovell took it and scored 26 out of 50. Jameis Winston, who some would say isn't the smartest dude, scored 27.

He even dropped the classic, "The trust is I've never been a great test taker."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-publishing-leaked-scores-nfl-draft-prospects

That can't be true though. Rovell is a genius because he went to Northwestern (which he reminds everyone at least 5 times a day).

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
They were quick to dump hockey reporters. Glad to see reduced role for Hannah Storm and Rusillo, although cutting them completely seems appropriate.

• Disagree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
They were quick to dump hockey reporters. Glad to see reduced role for Hannah Storm and Rusillo, although cutting them completely seems appropriate.

I really liked Rusillo when he was opposite of Van Pelt, but with him as the lead of the show, I'm not sure he does enough.

Reactions: cyfanatic