ESPN Laying Off Additional On-Air Personalities

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I was recently given a 60 day notice. My last day with my current work place is Monday.

I'm not about to **** on people who will now have to scramble to support their families

That stinks! I know a lot of people that work for Monsanto, Dow, Bayer and Pioneer that are waiting to hear what cuts will take place . With all the upcoming mergers, I always hate to see the hard working individuals get the ax.

Best of luck to you.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Their commentary was always fun. And not to mention I'm not going to use my phone to search for quick highlights of teams I don't particularly care about

then why would you sit and watch highlights of teams you don't particularly care about?

The reason people watched sportscenter was to see the scores and highlights of their favorite teams and/or other championship/playoff contenders. Once people were able to get those in five minutes rather than watching for a hour or half hour, highlight only shows become pointless.

Reactions: Knownothing

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Our fans appear to watch more ESPN than we have led on with the prior "I only watch games" comments.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
IMO, ESPN spent too much time trying to become a sports AND entertainment channel(s) instead of fully concentrating on the sports part.
It's great to always want to grow more and more as a company but they wanted to branch out too much and it cost them.
I'm not sure they can get back what they lost now.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyhops

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
It looks like the other area they are hitting extensively with layoffs is the college sports coverage

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I find Russillo and Kanell both extremely pretentious.

Pretentious? Maybe a tad sarcastic, but they're mostly just joking around. Their show has the best college football talk out there. They are the only guys that will call out the Big 10/SEC BS that we've seen lately.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyhops

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Dana O'Neil is out... I liked all the college BB writers for the most part.

Dana O'Neil‏Verified account @ESPNDanaOneil 4m4 minutes ago
Add me to the list. Just got the 'call.' I've been informed my contract will not be renewed at ESPN.

I didn't hit the "like" button because I don't care for O'Neil. Just the opposite in fact. It's too bad she didn't make the cut.

I hope Dakich gets thrown out on his pompous, "look at me!" ass. Can't stand that jackass.