ESPN Laying Off Additional On-Air Personalities

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So is the plan here to drop one or more of their 20 channels? This is going to end up meaning more and more reruns to fill time slots. How long before cable companies react and renegotiate carrier fees?

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
He was ESPN's Dallas Cowboys guy. AMERICA'S TEAM!! Give me a break with that crap too.

ESPN has been insanely biased over the last few years.
NFL? Cowboys and Patriots.
NBA? LeBron and Warriors.
MLB? Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs.
NHL? Almost no overage.
College Football? SEC and Ohio State.
College Basketball? Blue Bloods only.
Just get back to the days of actually showing highlights in SC.

Couple clips per game of the day. Give longer segments to exciting games like extra innings, OT games, higher profile matchups.

I remember when they'd do at least a quick highlight of every top 25 team's game

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Karl Ravech is being kept on but 'significantly reduced'. That's a bummer, I think he's pretty good at a number of different things that they've asked of him. He's been there forever.

Losing Dana O'Neill sucks too. She's fantastic.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
He was ESPN's Dallas Cowboys guy. AMERICA'S TEAM!! Give me a break with that crap too.

ESPN has been insanely biased over the last few years.
NFL? Cowboys and Patriots.
NBA? LeBron and Warriors.
MLB? Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs.
NHL? Almost no overage.
College Football? SEC and Ohio State.
College Basketball? Blue Bloods only.

This is why I love Chris Berman so much. He bucked the trend, and gave so much love to the Buffalo Bills (who circle the wagons like no other), along with the San Diego (Super) Chargers!

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
What did he do though? Report from the stadium before games? Why is that a necessary thing? 1 guy in front of a green screen could fill the role of every person they send to each game every week.

Now who's going to confirm what Schefter has learned that Mortensen first reported?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
John Buccigross is one of them it sounds like.

giphy.gif

Reactions: cmjh10

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Just get back to the days of actually showing highlights in SC.

Couple clips per game of the day. Give longer segments to exciting games like extra innings, OT games, higher profile matchups.

I remember when they'd do at least a quick highlight of every top 25 team's game

People can watch highlights at anytime on their phone. Highlight only shows do not work anymore.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
So is Medcalf gone? Thats too bad if so. I can do without o'neill. She once confused UNI with Northern Arizona and got mad at me for calling her out on twitter. If you're a basketball analyst over the last 10 years you should know the difference, sorry.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt