Chris Soules Arrested

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
He's already facing felony charges so it's not like he's skating everything. Also, he's going owe a metric **** ton when they file the civil suit.

• Optimistic
Reactions: isufbcurt

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
How can he not be charged for manslaughter?

I would think even if they can't prove intoxication (which they possibly could even without a blood test over the limit depending upon proof such as witnesses), they might be able to charge him with the Class C vehicular homicide, driving in a reckless manner, when he hit a tractor from behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott34

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
He's already facing felony charges so it's not like he's skating everything. Also, he's going owe a metric **** ton when they file the civil suit.

The civil suit will be far worse for him than the criminal consequences, if it happens. He'll likely spend a little time behind bars, and have a significant probation/parole period, but he's going to get taken to the cleaners civilly. Assuming the deceased's family files a wrongful death suit (I wouldn't guarantee that).

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Interesting. So he called 911 and then left. As someone pointed out, don't know his blood alcohol level. Also don't know if tractor had lights, was parked in the road, whether Chris might have been texting, etc. Lots of details needed to charge him with manslaughter.

• Agree
Reactions: ZB4CY

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Listening to that 911 call I don't automatically assume he is drunk. Going off his speech and things of that nature. He seems coherent.

Again, no idea what played out. Just going off what I am hearing

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Listening to that 911 call I don't automatically assume he is drunk. Going off his speech and things of that nature. He seems coherent.

Again, no idea what played out. Just going off what I am hearing

That's the first thing I thought as well. Could have had alcohol in his system but not been not really drunk.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
That's the first thing I thought as well. Could have had alcohol in his system but not been not really drunk.

I understand they found "alcohol" within his possession I believe?.. Not sure if it was where he was found, or at the scene. Obviously either way, we've all had an old case of beer in the truck sitting there from time to time.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
But betcha he assumed he was though - otherwise why flee scene before law enforcement/medical help get there.

• Agree
Reactions: jsb

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I completely disagree that civil consequences would definitely be worse. If they proved intoxication, that is a class B felony that when added with leaving the scene, carries a 70 percent requirement before parole with no possibility of deferred or suspended sentence, so 70% of 25 years or 17.5 years.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
But betcha he assumed he was though - otherwise why flee scene before law enforcement/medical help get there.

As to why he left the scene, no one is probably sure.. yes what you mentioned is a possible idea. But from the accounts that I read he fled right away.. after listening to that 911 phone call, he obviously stayed around for a little while.

I'd be curious to know a little more as to when he took off and what others around were telling him.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
As to why he left the scene, no one is probably sure.. yes what you mentioned is a possible idea. But from the accounts that I read he fled right away.. after listening to that 911 phone call, he obviously stayed around for a little while.

I'd be curious to know a little more as to when he took off and what others around were telling him.

Can't listen to it now, was he at the scene when he made the 911 call?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Can't listen to it now, was he at the scene when he made the 911 call?

Yes from the sounds of it he is there. The operator is asking if anyone knows CPR and Chris is asking people at the scene with him. It basically ends with him saying he is going to call back.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

What a great guy! I can't imagine leaving the scene of accident with a victim in distress, and can't imagine anyone "telling" me too. Sorry.
And with his behavior at his house later, it's very indicting for him.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I understand they found "alcohol" within his possession I believe?.. Not sure if it was where he was found, or at the scene. Obviously either way, we've all had an old case of beer in the truck sitting there from time to time.
That's kinda my thinking as well. Maybe blood test do show that but I have many friends who truck beds have empty beer cans in the back or in front of their truck. Not saying this is the case, but it's hard to say. Small town living its likely close to the norm.