Chris Soules Arrested

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
What a great guy! I can't imagine leaving the scene of accident with a victim in distress,and can't imagine anyone "telling" me too. Sorry.

Not saying it was a great move, am I?

Telling you what I heard from the 911 call.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
What a great guy! I can't imagine leaving the scene of accident with a victim in distress, and can't imagine anyone "telling" me too. Sorry.
And with his behavior at his house later, it's very indicting for him.

Im assuming sometime between the accident and his arrest he talked to his attorney, and any attorney would of told him to stay put until the Police had a warrant. Is it indicative, yes, but his actions will help immensely in his defense. Right or wrong, he has a right to consult his attorney and look out for his best interest.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Not saying it was a great move, am I?

Telling you what I heard from the 911 call.
Yes, too many unanswered questions here - as someone pointed out, what was the visibility of the tractor at 8 pm? Lights on, etc? And we don't even know yet where his 911 call was placed from.
But fleeing from the scene and then resisting arrest at the house changes everything. It changes everything.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Im assuming sometime between the accident and his arrest he talked to his attorney, and any attorney would of told him to stay put until the Police had a warrant. Is it indicative, yes, but his actions will help immensely in his defense. Right or wrong, he has a right to consult his attorney and look out for his best interest.

Yes, too many unanswered questions here - as someone pointed out, what was the visibility of the tractor at 8 pm? Lights on, etc? And we don't even know yet where his 911 call was placed from.
But fleeing from the scene and then resisting arrest at the house changes everything. It changes everything.

I wouldn't say resisting. Basically he wanted them to have a search warrant. Buys him more time. I think he called his attorney sometime after the time he left and his attorney told him exactly what was mentioned above... stay put.. it can be beneficial to you to not let them in and buy yourself more time.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I was just referring to him holding up in the house as suspicious and indicative of guilt. And it is.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
The likes of Keith Murphy coming to his defense on Twitter make me wanna puke. Justifying things because he stayed and called 911. Right, no mistakes were made Keith. Maybe Keith feels a little compassion towards him since he spends the majority of his free time at Saints Pub.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Even if the tractor had no lights and reflectors, what about Soules? From pictures, it looks like a flat area. If it was dark enough that the lighting was bad, wouldn't he need headlights on?

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
What kind of tractor was hit? Was is it a small tractor with a narrow front and no cab or lights, or something larger and modern?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I wouldn't say resisting. Basically he wanted them to have a search warrant. Buys him more time. I think he called his attorney sometime after the time he left and his attorney told him exactly what was mentioned above... stay put.. it can be beneficial to you to not let them in and buy yourself more time.

He did hire an attorney known for her defense in drunk driving cases.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
The likes of Keith Murphy coming to his defense on Twitter make me wanna puke. Justifying things because he stayed and called 911. Right, no mistakes were made Keith. Maybe Keith feels a little compassion towards him since he spends the majority of his free time at Saints Pub.

I agree with Keith to an extent... the initial reports of him fleeing right away were obviously false and made it seem like he didn't do anything... NOT calling 911 for instance would have made it looks worse than it already is.

I think what Keith is trying to justify is the fact that he did call 911. Maybe its not up to everyone's standards of "helping" but it gave the guy a chance to survive.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

he wasn't defending him, he was simply pointing out the new facts about the 911 call do change things a bit. Doesn't mean that he didn't do a bad thing but people were speculating he didn't call 911 and didn't try to help the guy. Getting facts involved doesn't mean he was excusing his behavior. Big difference. Stupid comment on Keth Murphy as well.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

You seem to read things wrong. I don't see Keith coming to anybody's defense. Simply stating that the narrative that came out yesterday was wrong.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
he wasn't defending him, he was simply pointing out the new facts about the 911 call do change things a bit. Doesn't mean that he didn't do a bad thing but people were speculating he didn't call 911 and didn't try to help the guy. Getting facts involved doesn't mean he was excusing his behavior. Big difference. Stupid comment on Keth Murphy as well.

Spot on. We're quick to jump down peoples throats when we don't agree with them.

Keith is just stating the facts as they are. Chris called 911. He did help in a way.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I was just referring to him holding up in the house as suspicious and indicative of guilt. And it is.

It most likely is. However, if Chris was not drunk, and the attorney never asked and just assumed he was drunk, the attorney would of told him to stay put and wait for the warrant.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Buying time for what exactly? Well, as you know, "buying time" and waiting for a warrant is common practice to let your blood alcohol levels go down...

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Buying time for what exactly? Well, as you know, "buying time" and waiting for a warrant is common practice to let your blood alcohol levels go down...

Again this all before his BAC will come back.. but yes I said buying time to speculate he was drunk.

Levels go down, how do you prove he was drunk at the scene?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012

I for one agree with the Saints Pub part.. love that place!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron