RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So Juiston, in one visit, not only decided to dis the coach (Prohm) that built by far the best relationship with the player and his family from all accounts, he also dissed his best friend he played with and his former AAU coach who are at DePaul, as well as Rhode Island who has a really good team (better than UNLV) and is also closest to his family as well, but who cares about one's family, right?

But who knows, I suppose UNLV will be paying for all of his family to go to every one of his UNLV games.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Yes, he would have. He committed more than a YEAR before his father was offered a job. His parents were going to move to wherever he chose to play since they had zero chance of ever seeing him in person while still living in Alaska.

Mario Chalmers went to Kansas because Aaron Miles was going to be graduating so he was pretty much guaranteed to start his freshman year. He committed May 22, 2004 and Mr. Chalmers didnt get hired until June of 2005 when he mentioned to Self that he and his wife were going to be relocating to Lawrence and he was going to look into if there were any opening as a high school coach. And he got hired as Director of Basketball Operation, which is a glorified gopher position. DBO makes sure that the road hotel has the right video equipment, coordinates meals and makes sure they have diet cokes in Self's room.

A top 10 recruit doesnt go to a school because his dad will get to be a low paid errand boy. KU just landed the Lawson boys from Memphis because their dad was demoted to a low paid errand boy position.

Now Danny Manning, thats different. He doesnt end up at KU if Larry Brown doesnt have a long history with his Dad and hire him to be an assistant.

No win. Kids only come to ISU for ethical reasons and to make the world a better place. Kids DON'T choose ISU because the system is shady. There is NO in between.

• Agree
Reactions: jim4

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Jeff Borzello‏Verified account @jeffborzello 2m2 minutes ago

Another pickup for UNLV. Former Oklahoma State commit Amauri Hardy has committed to the Runnin' Rebels. Four-star guard.

These guys (UNLV) are bringing in a Kansas/Kentucky type recruiting class. I'm guessing they will have just as much success right? NOT. It's tough to be good when all you bring in are a bunch of guys that want to party every night on the strip, get wasted, and not care about basketball at all.

• Dislike
Reactions: cyfan65

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Definitely has to suck for the staff. Bought her the prix fixe and she picked the fat, old, bald guy that brought her a wad of ones. To each is own though.

With how correct the Olive Garden busboy and UNLV forum insiders were in comments over a week old, it seems like they knew "something", if you will. They hit on the prediction that McCoy, Juiston, and a guard from another program would commit.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I'd honestly like to hear UNLV's recruiting pitch. Obviously they can't sell their basketball program, conference, or fanbase. What is it then? Parties? Nightlife? Or does David Copperfield just show up with a brown bag full of cash?

• Agree
Reactions: Stereotype

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Where's the link to the RI board?

Makes me wonder if that RI "insider" knew nefarious things were going on at UNLV which is why he said he'd discuss at a later time.

It doesn't make any sense that a program and coach that hasn't had any recent success is getting a 5* post, a 4*pg, and now the JUCO POY...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'd honestly like to hear UNLV's recruiting pitch. Obviously they can't sell their basketball program, conference, or fanbase. What is it then? Parties? Nightlife? Or does David Copperfield just show up with a brown bag full of cash?

All of the above most likely.

So much for Juiston wanting to go someplace where they win.

• Agree

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Agree. One of the reasons Fred is now with the Bulls instead of ISU. You simply cannot reason with some of these kids. They are too immature to know what's best for them. e.

Exactly WHAT is/was important to SJ? You and others claim to know his mind and what is in his best interests - so other than fleshing out an ISU basketball roster that YOU enjoy, what is he missing out on by not going to ISU?

The kid made a decision that is personal to HIM. ISU wasn't the place for him and our program is in great shape regardless.

I love ISU but some of you seem to think we are the shining light on the hill that is the answer to every wayward basketball soul. We AIN'T all that. JS will play regulation big-boy basketball for a coaching staff he clicked with in a town that has lots to offer in TV markets that will let him showcase his skills nationwide.

Best of luck to him and I couldn't be more thrilled with existing (and evolving) recruits we have that chose to be part of CSP's program.

Some of us need to get over ourselves.

CyFan03

Jun 5, 2010
Ames
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Wigginton
Jackson
Brown (Babb if Brown doesn't come here)
Young
Lard

Off the bench:
Beverly (if he comes here)
Long
Lewis
McNeill
Kasongo

That's still a tourney team

I bet McNeil is the first guard off the bench and Lewis starts by conference play. How's that for a take?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So Juiston, in one visit, not only decided to dis the coach (Prohm) that built by far the best relationship with the player and his family from all accounts, he also dissed his best friend he played with and his former AAU coach who are at DePaul, as well as Rhode Island who has a really good team (better than UNLV) and is also closest to his family as well, but who cares about one's family, right?

But who knows, I suppose UNLV will be paying for all of his family to go to every one of his UNLV games.

I am with you man. I see the basketball/personal fit with the other ones.

I mean, I still think ISU is superior, but I am a homer. But DePaul and URI at least made some logical fit for the kid, hence why everybody was worried about them. You can win at URI and it is close to your family. DePaul is "comfortable" given you know so many people.

UNLV is just head-shaking. If he were from LA, I would get it, but he is not. If he and his family were worried about a "rough past," then UNLV is the last place you want.

• Agree

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Most of us on here still believed we were in good position with him. Still think when the Beverly visit turned up, it meant something was up then. Of course anyone that questioned or wondered was blasted on here. But most importantly.... thanks to Coach Prohm and staff for working hard to build a roster for 'next year' and good luck with the few weeks ahead!!

And for all the 'lighten up' replies I'll get for saying this....I still don't appreciate the Pollard Cyclone plane in Hutchinson tweet, regardless it being a joke and a Pollard trait we're supposed to know by now. To each his own, I guess.

• Useful
Reactions: jim4

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Someone somewhere was likely told they may be in line for a job.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Where's the link to the RI board?

Makes me wonder if that RI "insider" knew nefarious things were going on at UNLV which is why he said he'd discuss at a later time.

It doesn't make any sense that a program and coach that hasn't had any recent success is getting a 5* post, a 4*pg, and now the JUCO POY...
I think just as interesting is how correct the Olive Garden busboy and UNLV forum insiders were in comments over a week old. They hit on the prediction that McCoy, Juiston, and a guard from another program would commit. Hell of a guess?

• Agree
Reactions: clonehenge
Status
Not open for further replies.