RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
In 5/10 years we will all understand why UNLV had great success recruiting this year.

I doubt it, UNLV has been notorious for this sort of thing for a long time now and they always skirt it. Between their boosters, Findlay Prep, university side, etc. they kind of have this down to a science and no one really pays attention because it's just a ****** program in a conference that has gone from mid to low major status.

No one cares what you're doing when you aren't winning on the small stage.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I apologize if this was too rough of a post, it was just my initial hot headed reaction.

As with Vaughn, I'm just going to move on and say that if all the glitz and glamour of Vegas is what turned him on, then I don't think we would have wanted him here anyway. This is FocusTown.

No in with you. Maybe more pissed at the fact Prohm spent so much time for this kid and it amounts to nothing. We had everything to offer he was looking for (accept for money, obviously) ;) I feel for CSP on this one but I know he'll bounce back and with his solid coaching we'll be a great team.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Haha. What a joke. These kids keep going to this loser program. Recruiting battles like this are why coaches go to the NBA or bigger blue blood schools. They get sick of kids who end up going to the best payer. Nobody can convince me vegas boosters don't pay recruits. Well at least we never have to see the kid play on tv or the NCAA tourney.

Agree. One of the reasons Fred is now with the Bulls instead of ISU. You simply cannot reason with some of these kids. They are too immature to know what's best for them. That's why you go and spend time with their parents like Prohm did on several occasions with Juiston, but I guess that didn't work this time.

If Juiston does the honorable thing and gives Prohm a call to let him know, I'd love to hear that conversation. I'm sure Prohm will be the professional he is and just wish him well, but I'd like to at least have Prohm ask him what he liked so much about UNLV over ISU? They don't have anything over us, other than the nightlife of Vegas, and if that's what you're interested in, then good riddance.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I already have. Beverly doesn't do much for me at all, but if we land him I'll be behind him 100% and hope he surprises the hell out of me and proves me wrong.

He's honestly a lot better back up plan than I thought we would go after but I was also expecting an Edozie type

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Well, crap...

For as upset and frustrated as we are as fans, I can only imagine how deflating this is for the coaching staff.

Grieve, b1tch, and vent for a few minutes, and then it's time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.