RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
C'mon man. A player that isn't 100% committed to your program, would never be at your program.

And how did Juiston present himself to you exactly?

And I don't think Juiston himself every said anything about wanting to be on a winning team. Those were comments by CW, that he had heard through someone else, from Juiston's coach.

Bottom line, if Juiston had committed to Iowa St today, you would have a different opinion. He didn't, but that doesn't change his talent level at all.
The bottom line is I never mentioned his talent level at all. You did. Read.

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
Does anyone else see a correlation between talented players choosing a school for non-basketball reasons (being in Vegas, hookers and blow, $$$, whatever you feel the reason is) vs. basketball reasons, and them underperforming? Right now, kids aren't picking UNLV because basketball is their top priority and I think UNLV is performing like it has a bunch of kids who don't have basketball as their top priority.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
So much whining about a kid who made a decision for reasons unknown. He's not coming here so time to move on.
Agree...the decision not to commit after visiting was a big sign even though he still had additional visits to other schools planned. Moving on to the next guy...

Reactions: Brandon

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
ah, for the record, Ole Miss has paid players, that is documented.
You're right. Couldn't possibly be another reason a kid from Mississippi would choose Ole Miss over Iowa State. My bad.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Oh calm the hell down. Saying that someone that commits to UNLV doesn't care if he is on a winning team, isn't exactly wrong. UNLV hasn't won in years. So obviously, he likes something other than winning.
Every recruit believes that they are the missing piece that will turn a team into a winner. The new UNLV coach has a good reputation for developing bigs.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Does anyone else see a correlation between talented players choosing a school for non-basketball reasons (being in Vegas, hookers and blow, $$$, whatever you feel the reason is) vs. basketball reasons, and them underperforming? Right now, kids aren't picking UNLV because basketball is their top priority and I think UNLV is performing like it has a bunch of kids who don't have basketball as their top priority.
They have a new coaching staff at UNLV. Maybe the kids really like them and believe in the message they are giving and believe that the results under this coaching staff will be different than the results under the previous coaching staff. Those would be basketball reasons.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Bad move by the kid. Will play for a bad team in a lesser conference. UNLV always has shady recruiting so it's not surprising. I kind of feel bad for the kid. Oh well.

Looks like they will get Beverly and he plays hard and will be a Bowie type role player. That will be a positive addition. They can also play small next year with Babb at the 4 at times. Maybe somehow they can get Brown or Alstork

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Anyone who doesn't think there is money/favors exchanging hands at unlv needs to get your head out of the sand. Not specifically juiston or vaughn. This isn't sour grapes. However when year after year unlv, coming off horrendous under performing seasons, playing in front of hundreds of fans, continues to win recruiting battles with the likes of kansas and arizona I'm not seeing how you can deny it.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Anyone who doesn't think there is money/favors exchanging hands at unlv needs to get your head out of the sand. Not specifically juiston or vaughn. This isn't sour grapes. However when year after year unlv, coming off horrendous under performing seasons, playing in front of hundreds of fans, continues to win recruiting battles with the likes of kansas and arizona I'm not seeing how you can deny it.
This is the same thing said by the jilted fan base of every recruiting decision that results in a kid going to what those fans see as a "lesser" program. It's as reliable as fans claiming the fix is in with the refs if their team loses a close game and their team doesn't shoot as many free throws.

And for the record, plenty of people go to UNLV basketball games. Not as many as Iowa State but still Top 35 in the country: http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/defa..._release_mens_basketball_attendance_final.pdf

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Well...........hookers are legal there.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
No it's not the same. When a player picks a lesser school over my program it's simply disappointing. When SEVERAL players pick the SAME lesser program over many different top 25 caliber teams it becomes a little fishy I'd say.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
They have a new coaching staff at UNLV. Maybe the kids really like them and believe in the message they are giving and believe that the results under this coaching staff will be different than the results under the previous coaching staff. Those would be basketball reasons.

I watched the UNLV coaching staff up close and personal this season. Based on what I saw, the results will be the same.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
This is the same thing said by the jilted fan base of every recruiting decision that results in a kid going to what those fans see as a "lesser" program. It's as reliable as fans claiming the fix is in with the refs if their team loses a close game and their team doesn't shoot as many free throws.

And for the record, plenty of people go to UNLV basketball games. Not as many as Iowa State but still Top 35 in the country: http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/defa..._release_mens_basketball_attendance_final.pdf

that is BS. that is paid attendance, not butts in the seats. There actual attendance was abysmal. I actually heard them talking about it on a sports radio show.

Status
Not open for further replies.