NFL: Andrew Luck RETIRING

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
'Exhausted' can mean tired of all the run around and ready for something else.

Best part about the Gottlieb take is how many were quick to point out his credit card schemin'.

What I like is members of the national media are even clowning Gottlieb for his hot take. But yeah, the credit card replies are great.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What I like is members of the national media are even clowning Gottlieb for his hot take. But yeah, the credit card replies are great.

With all the stuff about what football does to people long term it's pretty amazing that there's not more support for someone choosing to walk away while they literally can.

Many of us would love to retire at age 29.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I'm a fringe Colts fan. I'm going to give the booing fans the benefit of the doubt and assume most were booing the moment, not Andrew himself. To find out mid preseason game, 2 weeks before the regular season that your all-pro franchise QB is quitting is quite the nutcup moment.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So what do the Colts do?

They have a contender level roster.

Roll with JB?

Trade for somebody?

Maybe Bridgewater from the Saints or give Eli one last chance at greatness?

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
So what do the Colts do?

Roll with JB?

Trade for somebody?

Roll with JB. He wasn't terrible a couple years ago and the team overall, especially the offensive line, is better now.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I never fault an athlete (any sex) in any sport at any level for two things...

-- getting themselves paid

-- deciding they have had enough

Good for Andrew. I am sure he has lots of cool stuff on the horizon.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I’m a colts fan and my initial reaction was that he was quitting on the team. After a few hours to think about it, I now feel bad for Luck. He took a lot of beatings early in his career. Now it appears that his body doesn’t heal in a timely manner. Colts had a top 5 team with him in my opinion, without him we will be lucky to be .500. Elite QBs don’t grow on trees.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
So what do the Colts do?

Roll with JB?

Trade for somebody?

In the short term Brissett is the starter. He's on the last year of his rookie deal and he's playing with a pretty good supporting cast, so it's a huge season for him. The good news is that nobody is running away with the AFC South. The Colts aren't Super Bowl contenders now but I don't think the bottom will fall out either. If it does and Brissett flops then the 2020 QB class looks promising.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I’d do the same thing if I was constantly in pain like he says he is, especially with all that money and a Stanford degree

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I don’t fault him a bit. No one else but him has to live in his broken body.

Boo-ing is harsh and uncalled for, but I don’t blame the Colts for being upset either. It’s pretty late in this process to decide you’re mentally done.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron