All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Moss being a starter has to be concerning. That kid has been beating in coverage more than anyone in Kirk's career

Adam Shada would like to have a word with you. I thought Moss played well last year. He has good ball skills.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
It'll be interesting how he does against Bell and Moore this weekend.

Matchup every Iowa fan is worried about. Bell torched Iowa last year and that was without Moore. Purdue is going to score, the question is, can Iowa score too against what shouldn't be a good defense. Iowa needs to get in the 30s and hold Purdue to the 20s.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Matchup every Iowa fan is worried about. Bell torched Iowa last year and that was without Moore. Purdue is going to score, the question is, can Iowa score too against what shouldn't be a good defense. Iowa needs to get in the 30s and hold Purdue to the 20s.
I thought that the B10 games were supposed to be low scoring as it is the best defense conference.

Reactions: BACyclone

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
There's no doubt that this is a weird year and will be remembered differently than others, however the season still matters. If it didn't, Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields wouldn't have fought so hard to get it started.

I think what you saw in Iowa State fans was a coping mechanism in response to a loss. This season obviously matters and you know that but it sounds like you're now setting yourself up to not care if Iowa doesn't do well.

The only thing I agree about in this post is that we haven't seen Iowa play yet. Who knows how they'll end up fairing and their schedule sets them up for success.

The argument that the Big 12 is down is ridiculous because for years we've been told the Big 12 will never be legit until someone else comes out and steals OU's throne. Well, it looks like that's going to happen this year. So it's quite contradictory to now say the Big 12 is bad because OU has gotten beat twice.
Joel Klatt literally spent 5 minutes saying how everyone calling the big 12 trash is wrong but gets where it is coming cause the traditional power isn't at the top of the conference right now. Made the argument that if Clemson lost 2 in a row you'd be hearing the same exact thing about the ACC, but if Ohio State or Alabama lost two in a row all you'd hear is how DEEP and STRONG the big 10/SEC are.

Last edited:

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
So if the game is something like 30 - 37, are you going to call that a bad defensive game?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So if the game is something like 30 - 37, are you going to call that a bad defensive game?

Well I could be wrong, but I don't think Purdue will have a good defense this year. I'm expecting Iowa's defense to be decent this year, but Purdue has one of the best WR tandems in the entire country so they are going to score some points.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well I could be wrong, but I don't think Purdue will have a good defense this year. I'm expecting Iowa's defense to be decent this year, but Purdue has one of the best WR tandems in the entire country so they are going to score some points.
Your defense looked shaky at best and that was with Campbell