Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Two nights ago I heard loud gas-powered leaf blowers. At 12:30 a.m. :rolleyes: Lawn maintenance peeps were using them and their pickup plow to do Richie Rich's driveway. So, ****, those noisy damn things are now a four season feature of the hood.

Was hearing a different and odd tool sound this morning I couldn't ID. Looked out back window and new peeps moved in behind me are using an electric shovel to clear their deck/walk. Weird sounding. And it's not red, it's green. Snow weapons are supposed to be red.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Two nights ago I heard loud gas-powered leaf blowers. At 12:30 a.m. :rolleyes: Lawn maintenance peeps were using them and their pickup plow to do Richie Rich's driveway. So, ****, those noisy damn things are now a four season feature of the hood.

Was hearing a different and odd tool sound this morning I couldn't ID. Looked out back window and new peeps moved in behind me are using an electric shovel to clear their deck/walk. Weird sounding. And it's not red, it's green. Snow weapons are supposed to be red.
My snowblower is orange.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Might be a dumb question but does scarring occur without inhaling some sort of irritant over the course of time? Anyway I'm glad to hear the meds are helping things and you have a good doctor.

Yep, lots of potential causes - inhalation of chemical fumes or smoke, acid reflux, smoking (I smoked for 25 years, quit in 1997), etc. With no clear-cut diagnosis of cause, tough to treat. But the med is working, and I and the vixen are very thankful for that.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife woke me up last night, around midnight, and said a neighbor posted there are people breaking into his moms(he is 45+ and lives with his mom) garage. So she checks the doors, checks the vehicles keys and everything then. This morning she informed me that he then said when him and the posse came from the bar to check out the intruders it was exploding pop cans in the garage. These people are morons.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

The vixen's family would dispute that. My FIL sold John Deere equipment for many years (besides farming), and they all say "If it ain't green, it ain't s**t."

Just sayin'. I myself have no opinion.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wife woke me up last night, around midnight, and said a neighbor posted there are people breaking into his moms(he is 45+ and lives with his mom) garage. So she checks the doors, checks the vehicles keys and everything then. This morning she informed me that he then said when him and the posse came from the bar to check out the intruders it was exploding pop cans in the garage. These people are morons.

You're lucky they or the cops didn't shoot up the garage and catch your house in the collateral damage.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wife can draw a pension at 56 and she has made it well known she is done then. She said she won’t sub teach any. Doesn’t know what she would like to do for a part time job, which leads me to believe it will end up being just driving me crazy. Our youngest will have one year of college in so between that and her health insurance, I’m not sure what I’m going to figure out. Started buying lotto tickets, that’s a plan right?
Welllllllll...it helps if both parties are on the same page in terms of retirement & financial goals vs realities... :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: BCClone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
After Jan 1, I'm going to do several things to get ready for July (retirement). Social Security office, find a supplemental health plan (any advice would be appreciated), talk to my financial guru about switching my 401(k) over to an IRA, all that stuff. Don't want any nasty surprises.

The vixen likes to joke about how I'll be a kept man coming July 17.....wearing an apron, doing housework, meeting her at the door at 5PM with her pipe and slippers, etc.

Reactions: NWICY and BoxsterCy

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
We had cans of rootbeer in a working fridge in an uninsulated garage. Did not know that they would explode. The more you know...

Side note: it was just the cans of rootbeer. The Pepsi & Coke were fine.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The vixen's family would dispute that. My FIL sold John Deere equipment for many years (besides farming), and they all say "If it ain't green, it ain't s**t."

Just sayin'. I myself have no opinion.

John Deere also made bicycles at one time. :rolleyes:

My dad did once have a Mean Green Snow Chuckin' Machine IIRC. When he got too old to muscle it around I gave him Little Fran. Little Fran was owned by Fran, given to me after she died, moved to Iowa, came back to Minnesota to it's home neighborhood again in 2007. She's the Little Toro That Could for most snows here.

Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
After Jan 1, I'm going to do several things to get ready for July (retirement). Social Security office, find a supplemental health plan (any advice would be appreciated), talk to my financial guru about switching my 401(k) over to an IRA, all that stuff. Don't want any nasty surprises.

The vixen likes to joke about how I'll be a kept man coming July 17.....wearing an apron, doing housework, meeting her at the door at 5PM with her pipe and slippers, etc.
Just remember to get the Medicare crap done within 3 months of turning 65. Not that they will let you forget it; between Lew & I, they must have cut down five acres of the Amazon to generate all of the paper we shredded from everyone wanting to sell us supplemental plans. ARRGGHH!!!

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012

this-is-why-you-dont-want-to-leave-soda-in-your-car-over-night-91430_1.jpg

Many years ago, when attending a New Years' Eve party for our church youth group, we stuck the Pepsi and other pop in the cold/snow outside since the one fridge we had was too small. Ended up with a couple of Pepsi slushes...which were good!

• Wow
Reactions: SCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Welllllllll...it helps if both parties are on the same page in terms of retirement & financial goals vs realities... :)
Wifes family and financials are like oil and water. Oddity is, her dads brother married well and that group is sitting very comfortable.

current example. I asked the wife what the next house improvement she would like Sunday night, she said she didnt know. Yesterday morning she said she had to run errands. Came home with tiles and said she wanted one of these for the shower tile job. Apparently she has a contractor that can rip things out and change things and the tiler can come in and finish. Be done in about a month. One key thing she is clueless about.......cost. No clue.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

My mom had BC/BS. It worked well with mercy and Mayo both.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and SCyclone

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
this-is-why-you-dont-want-to-leave-soda-in-your-car-over-night-91430_1.jpg

Many years ago, when attending a New Years' Eve party for our church youth group, we stuck the Pepsi and other pop in the cold/snow outside since the one fridge we had was too small. Ended up with a couple of Pepsi slushes...which were good!
I picked a friend up from the bars one time and he left a glass 40 in my car during the dead of winter. Could not figure out why my car smelled like a brewery because it exploded under my seat.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
There's an unfamiliar Audi in our lot with Texa$ plates.

Hope they don't plan on going anywhere for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron