Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Plan B will be Scott Drew I'd bet. (Which I think will also be unsuccessful)

He has been at Baylor for 17 seasons. That includes two elite 8's, two sweet 16's and won the conference this year. Not much more to accomplish there. He may be ready for new scenery if the money is right.

Reactions: cycloneworld

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
He has been at Baylor for 17 seasons. That includes two elite 8's, two sweet 16's and won the conference this year. Not much more to accomplish there. He may be ready for new scenery if the money is right.

Valpo connection from his dad/family.
Went to Butler

It's not completely out of left field.

• Agree
Reactions: CYEATHAWK

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

It will be interesting to see if he bites. He has a great gig at Baylor and they're as good as ever. I wouldn't abandon that for Indiana where expectations are sky high. I suppose if the money is right...

They may go after Beard but Tech made him the 3rd highest paid college in college basketball. They'll have to pay $5+ million per year just to have an outside shot at him.

I saw it on Twitter which explains Indiana the best - this search will REALLY show how good of a job Indiana is right now.

Reactions: Die4Cy

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It will be interesting to see if he bites. He has a great gig at Baylor and they're as good as ever. I wouldn't abandon that for Indiana where expectations are sky high. I suppose if the money is right...

They may go after Beard but Tech made him the 3rd highest paid college in college basketball. They'll have to pay $5+ million per year just to have an outside shot at him.

I saw it on Twitter which explains Indiana the best - this search will REALLY show how good of a job Indiana is right now.

Indiana's idea of where they are at could easily clash with where outsiders view them.

Reactions: cycloneworld

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020

A booster just funded a 10 million dollar buyout. It's a good job.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Indiana's idea of where they are at could easily clash with where outsiders view them.

Sad-Nebraska-fan.jpg

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Your initial thought is correct. He might get a call, but Beard is a Texas guy....Drew like Cyched said is an Indiana guy. Whoever they chose is going to be a very wealthy person.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
He could screw up this hire and ISU will still likely be better in basketball than the last two years, and it still doesn't omit what he's done for ISU's brand and football success which is more important.
Maybe that's JP's plan. Get coaches that suck so bad that the mediocre replacement seems like a god send. Maybe Matt Campbell isn't that good after all... The ABC song is really twinkle twinkle little star... Going swimming right after you eat doesn't increase your chances of drowning...bananas don't grow on trees... The pilgrams didn't land on plymouth rock.

Reactions: madguy30

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Maybe that's JP's plan. Get coaches that suck so bad that the mediocre replacement seems like a god send. Maybe Matt Campbell isn't that good after all... The ABC song is really twinkle twinkle little star... Going swimming right after you eat doesn't increase your chances of drowning...bananas don't grow on trees... The pilgrams didn't land on plymouth rock.

I, too, enjoy day drinking

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclone Rebel

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron