KCCI weather department

DeBruzzio

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Fort Dodge native
Kelley, Metinka, and Eric Hanson only local TV people I can stand. Usually just get all news online now. I haven’t watched WOI in ages so maybe it is better. Refuse the John “Clowns” Sears show with Andy “Cyclone Fans Abuse Their Children” Fales.
Eric Hanson can be a jerk in public

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
Maybe I worded that poorly. I meant Jeriann is always standing in front of the eastern side of the state. Nothing to do with her stature. She could easily move out of the way like most other weather people.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzo

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Maybe I worded that poorly. I meant Jeriann is always standing in front of the eastern side of the state. Nothing to do with her stature. She could easily move out of the way like most other weather people.

lol well WHO does focus on central iowa

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I avoid KCCI totally. There weather forecasts are worthless for rain predictions. They are also more biased against ISU.

Compared to Sears and that other guy at WHO for anti ISU bias?
I think their sports team is better, but Horst is really pro Hawk.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Fales should go back to st. Louis or move to iowa city. Sears... if I never see that guys face again it'll be too soon.

Well Fales was gone for awhile, unluckily they let him come back after KC(?) didn't work out.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
lol well WHO does focus on central iowa

That's one thing that irritates me on both KCCI and WHO, if you go by their weather nothing exists north of Hwy 20 and most days not outside of the Metro. At least WOI usually show a full state map with the temps in like Council Bluffs, Spencer, Sioux Falls, Mason City. There is more to the state than the Metro at least give it a quick acknowledgement.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
That's one thing that irritates me on both KCCI and WHO, if you go by their weather nothing exists north of Hwy 20 and most days not outside of the Metro. At least WOI usually show a full state map with the temps in like Council Bluffs, Spencer, Sioux Falls, Mason City. There is more to the state than the Metro at least give it a quick acknowledgement.

There may be more to the state, but a lot of the state isnt really in their viewing area.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
There may be more to the state, but a lot of the state isnt really in their viewing area.

If you live in CB, you're watching Omaha news. Sioux City, Cedar Rapids, QC and the Loo have their own stations. Mason City is more in the Rochester MN market than DSM.

Yes, there's more to the state than the metro, but the DSM stations aren't depriving people of anything.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
If you live in CB, you're watching Omaha news. Sioux City, Cedar Rapids, QC and the Loo have their own stations. Mason City is more in the Rochester MN market than DSM.

Yes, there's more to the state than the metro, but the DSM stations aren't depriving people of anything.
Except that a lot of people living in Central Iowa work and travel statewide, or have interests outside the metro. But considering that, I think all 3 DSM based broadcasts give the full state enough coverage on a day-to-day basis.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyched

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Except that a lot of people living in Central Iowa work and travel statewide, or have interests outside the metro. But considering that, I think all 3 DSM based broadcasts give the full state enough coverage on a day-to-day basis.

I would imagine that's the extreme minority on any given day. And there are plenty of other resources for those who want some more in depth focus on other areas of the state if they might be traveling.

• Agree
Reactions: Turn2

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

They do. I travel around the state for work as well; I've never been unable to find the weather or been in the dark about anything happening.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Which one is the ABC affiliate? They have algona and north to the border.