KCCI weather department

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Maybe I worded that poorly. I meant Jeriann is always standing in front of the eastern side of the state. Nothing to do with her stature. She could easily move out of the way like most other weather people.

Ah, she's a beast dude. Only in Iowa would they put her on. Well, maybe Wisconsin.

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
lol well WHO does focus on central iowa
No argument there, but they do show temps or rainfall amounts that Jeriann always stands in front of. She even mentioned it once on air that people were complaining. Evidentially she doesn't care. Kelly would never do that to me. Hope she is back soon. Fales ruined who morning for me. Hard to take him serious for me

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Maybe I worded that poorly. I meant Jeriann is always standing in front of the eastern side of the state. Nothing to do with her stature. She could easily move out of the way like most other weather people.
Why would anyone in the WHO viewing area care about eastern Iowa?

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Kelly Moody is my favorite. Just seems like a genuinely nice person, always happy and doesn't block the eastern side of the state like Jeriann.
Who cares about the east side, weather comes in from the west. :jimlad:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Is she still mis-pronouncing all the towns in Iowa or was that just her first 3 years on the job?

Yeah, she still trips over herself not only on that but everything else. Probably needs to see the eye doctor to read the telestrator. I’d still bounce quarters of her glutes though!

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Lol at you guys complaining about ISU sports coverage in Des Moines. Move to eastern Iowa and see what bias is really like.

I've been in the belly of the beast in Eastern Iowa media. The Iowa Hawkeyes are the most significant entity in sports history, and you Iowa State people should stay quiet.

I've also worked at KCCI. A lot of good people there, and if anything, it was pro-ISU among on-air talent and definitely off-air. But that was almost a decade ago.

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Yeah, she still trips over herself not only on that but everything else. Probably needs to see the eye doctor to read the telestrator. I’d still bounce quarters of her glutes though!
I happened to be watching at noon once and she said the storm was moving towards.....paused for about 5 seconds......"Um, I dont really remember the name of that county".

I felt bad for her because I know it's alot of pressure to get everything right but at the same time I couldn't stop laughing.

Another time I was watching at 5 and Ed Wilson was doing the birthdays for people who are like 98 and this ladies name was Mildred Kuntz. Let's just say he didn't pronounce it correctly. Lol.

Last edited: