Seriously Leistikow?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No it think that was when he referred to ISU as the cyclowns.
In all seriousness I don’t think he’s ever tried to hide his fandom.
No, he hasn't ever really tried to hide it. And I think that cyclown reference was in his first week on air...and they basically said "anyone could have made that mistake". I disagree. Any HAWKEYE could have made that mistake; they're the only fanbase I've ever heard use that one toward us.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
No, he hasn't ever really tried to hide it. And I think that cyclown reference was in his first week on air...and they basically said "anyone could have made that I mistake". I disagree. Any HAWKEYE could have made that mistake; they're the only fanbase I've ever heard use that one toward us.

I live in Eastern Iowa. The Cyclown reference was dropped more than once while he was in Cedar Rapids.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
His face is so punchable, but without a chin one would have to resort to a shot in the nether region.

Like he mentioned, what is Iowa basketball without pizza?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
His face is so punchable, but without a chin one would have to resort to a shot in the nether region.

Like he mentioned, what is Iowa basketball without pizza?
I chuckled at that considering Iowa Basketball gave away free pizza to students like 3 years ago in order to get more students at the games.

Reactions: cycloner29

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I chuckled at that considering Iowa Basketball gave away free pizza to students like 3 years ago in order to get more students at the games.
That is so sad.... to have to go to those extremes to get students to attend games.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Lol Sears, Chad, Hassel, all the same.

Regardless of fan allegiance, the similarities in extraordinary high levels of just pure dooshcanoe-ism of these ToE media asshats is undeniable and more than just a coincidence.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Then I took young Jack down to the ped mall and we put flowers on the spot where JBo got his ass kicked after talking **** and acting like a little *****. It was a moment no Hawkeye dad could ever forget, until we went and sat at the table at the Airliner where Ed Podolak inappropriately touched women for decades, which was truly something special.

Regardless of fan allegiance, the similarities in extraordinary high levels of just pure dooshcanoe-ism of these ToE media asshats is undeniable and more than just a coincidence.

Murph and Andy fit right in that mold as well. Ross Peterson represents the “My kid couldn’t go to summer camps so I could buy season tickets” wing of Iowa fan.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Everyone knew he was a huge Hawkeye homer but was this the first time Sears went public with it?

I really don't have a problem with the story. This was a father's day story, not a journalistic take on the Iowa program. Unless you expect local media to drive their kids out of state for an experience like this, they will always have to "pick a side" and we know Sears (and presumably his son) is a Hawk fan so this makes sense.

Reactions: NickTheGreat

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Hassel at least has admitted he's a hawkeye, has called out Iowa on their BS at times, and is funnier than Sears. I can admit he's made me laugh hard at some times. The other two are just duds.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hassel at least has admitted he's a hawkeye, has called out Iowa on their BS at times, and is funnier than Sears. I can admit he's made me laugh hard at some times. The other two are just duds.
I see this, kinda. He’s more self aware in some ways than the other two. But you can’t tell me Hassel doesn’t come off as a MASSIVE d-bag a majority of the time.

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

(Adopting Dude voice), "Well, yeah".

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I really don't have a problem with the story. This was a father's day story, not a journalistic take on the Iowa program. Unless you expect local media to drive their kids out of state for an experience like this, they will always have to "pick a side" and we know Sears (and presumably his son) is a Hawk fan so this makes sense.
I don't have a problem with the story I just thought it was the first time Sears came out and admitted he was an Iowa fan. That's all

Reactions: DeereClone

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County

I always felt like Hassel did it with more tact. Obviously he was a Hawkeye fan but with his satire he went after them hard (example: Little Lick, Lotta Bite). Plus he was just naturally hilarious.

John Sears tried to fit that mold, but the man is just not funny at all. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but there will for sure never be a bigger market that steals him away from WHO. Central Iowa is stuck with him till he retires.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I always felt like Hassel did it with more tact. Obviously he was a Hawkeye fan but with his satire he went after them hard (example: Little Lick, Lotta Bite). Plus he was just naturally hilarious.

John Sears tried to fit that mold, but the man is just not funny at all. I'm sure he's a Douche, but there will for sure never be a bigger market that steals him away from WHO. Central Iowa is stuck with him till he retires.

FIFY

• Haha
Reactions: StateThrowdown

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I don't have a problem with the story I just thought it was the first time Sears came out and admitted he was an Iowa fan. That's all

Sears has never sugar coated his fandom, he's always been pretty open about it.