Seriously Leistikow?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
So Twins is using Sagarin, but telling me not to use Sagarin? Just had a bunch of ISU fans claming some dude is killing it on twitter using sagarin, but I'm not to use sagarin?

Makes sense.
You're threading a needle to pick a fight no one really cares enough to have with you but are dabbling probably because their bored like me. You are and will always be a little dweeb no one likes or respects.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
There were also some seasons when we thought there was no way we could lose to the Clones and did. Is that attributed to #CLONESSUPERBOWL or it’s college football and you just never know? Fortunately for you, you won’t have to face a pair of wide receivers as good as Purdue’s until you hit Alabama in the CFP. That’s if Alabama makes it.
Ever heard of Texas Tech or Oklahoma State or Oklahoma? Oh wait it's a squawk, nevermind.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So Twins is using Sagarin, but telling me not to use Sagarin? Just had a bunch of ISU fans claming some dude is killing it on twitter using sagarin, but I'm not to use sagarin?

Makes sense.

Even I have to agree, this is kind of a dumb argument. Too early in the season for rankings like defensive rankings and Sagarin rankings to be accurate. Later in the season when the Big Ten and Pac 12 start playing is when Sagarin and defensive rankings will start making more sense.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You're threading a needle to pick a fight no one really cares enough to have with you but are dabbling probably because their bored like me. You are and will always be a little dweeb no one likes or respects.

Some of you guys need perspective. I'm doing what most of you do here to Iowa, only I do it to ISU.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Even I have to agree, this is kind of a dumb argument. Too early in the season for rankings like defensive rankings and Sagarin rankings to be accurate. Later in the season when the Big Ten and Pac 12 start playing is when Sagarin and defensive rankings will start making more sense.
This. Sagarin right now is laughable and AP has always been preferred so I'm not sure what angle he's going with

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Can I use PFF on here any longer? When I was away I hear there was a dust up, and that might no longer be a source I can use I guess?

As far as accuracy, sure it will get more accurate, but lets face it, the Big12 is a dumpster fire this year, even the early metric are showing that across the board.

• Dumb
Reactions: Lineup

kcbob79clone

Makes sense.

Point of order, I rated this 'disagree' and not 'dumb' cause I agree 'dumb' is overused. That being said are 'dumb' ratings OK for Hawk trolls? :)

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Can I use PFF on here any longer? When I was away I hear there was a dust up, and that might no longer be a source I can use I guess?

As far as accuracy, sure it will get more accurate, but lets face it, the Big12 is a dumpster fire this year, even the early metric are showing that across the board.

I have never used PFF as a source. They don't have the game film and don't know what the players responsibilities are for any play. Their data is very suspect in my mind.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

PFF is fine. AP votes to judge teams. Sagarin to judge SOS. This is very simple stuff

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I’m expecting Iowa to at least contend for the West because of how flawless and error free the B1G games will be played.

• Funny
Reactions: kcbob79clone

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
PFF is fine. AP votes to judge teams. Sagarin to judge SOS. This is very simple stuff

I only follow the leader of this site on here. It isn't like I am the one who starting using Sagarin rating and it's predictor.

Sagarin has Iowa State as a 1 point favorite on a neutral field vs Minnesota

According to Sagarin ISU and Indiana would have been a pick em on a neutral field. Like KenPom the lines are usually close to what Vegas is but I obviously don't know for sure. I should have clarified I was using Sagarin

ISU and Minnesota are both bad football teams. ISU is rated higher in the Sagarin ratings and Sagarin would have ISU as a 2.5 pt favorite on a neutral field so I'll use that to support my claim

According to Sagarin Iowa would have been only been a 2 pt favorite at Toledo. We call that the Campbell factor

• Winner
Reactions: Lemmiwinks

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Only because these two conference leaders are a couple of douche canoes and couldn't figure it out. "But let's wait until the two idiot conferences start playing so the rankings can be more accurate. Way to move the goal posts yet again.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I only follow the leader of this site on here. It isn't like I am the one who starting using Sagarin rating and it's predictor.
Lol pulling posts out of context from 2015 when you were probably only on your 4th username. I use AP poll. This is very simple

Reactions: jmb