If the B12 remains intact and moves forward

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Do you see a lot of good things said by general media about the 8 teams outside of OUt?

They had game day yesterday and some picked ISU in the Big 12 Title game but they were also claiming ISU had never had expectations entering a season which means they STILL haven't done their homework because they don't care.

I agree we have much work to do in the perceptions department. Getting Gameday here for the Iowa game....and absolutely crushing Iowa...would be a nice step in the right direction. Showing the Gameday folks around our facilities...as I'd guess Jamie will do...also a big step in the right direction. Featuring Jack Trice and our traditions...again...big step in improving how we are seen. But its all built around winning...we have to win.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
How to spot a Hawkeye claiming to be an "objective" Cyclone.

Anyone claiming the below is perceived akin to the AAC knows NOTHING about football...OR...more likely....is a "wishful thinking" Hawkeye fan. Fans of college football are not morons, and any objective measure of the below aggregation shows a conference better on the field then two of the other P5 leagues.
BYU
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas State
Kansas
Cincinnati
West Virginia
TCU

How does that stack up in sustainable viewing money?

Since that's what this entire thing is all about.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Question for posters, do you think any of BYU, cincy,UCF, USF as power level teams?

I think BYU has a niche brand that can give them national appeal.

Cincinnati has been pretty good, remember brian Kelly stopped returning Jamie’s calls because he saw that as a better job to move on from. But they are not even second in their own state

the absolute last thing any of these schools should ever want to do is elevate (sort of) the two Florida commuter schools.

reality is none of them, with the possible exception of buy, which brings their own set of unique headaches, move much of a needle.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
How does that stack up in sustainable viewing money?

Since that's what this entire thing is all about.
That's what Luck and others are working on now. Ways of monetizing good performance and tremendous fan support. There's no way to answer that question until we know how their discussions with the networks, streaming services and everyone else are proceeding.

We will, no doubt, take SOME financial hit IMHO, just not as bad as some writers have speculated.

College football fans like watching good football....football that matters on the way to the playoffs...that's really where value comes from. We will still be in a P5 conference and will have an autobid in the new Playoff configuration just as the other P5's...which means our games will matter nationally. That means if we play great football our conference impacts the national playoff...there is great potential for monetization.

Tossing around exact numbers now is meaningless...we're moving into new paradigms of how football is monetized and that means our deal will depend greatly on how the conference negotiates and with these new entities. We'll just have to be patient and wait and see.

• Optimistic
Reactions: blackuniforms

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Now that a couple have responded, here is some history.

BYU, never been in a power conference but considered among that level by most

UCF, never been in a power conference

Cincy and USF, both former Power conference teams.

Mandel thinks we would have been better if the b12 died 10 years ago. USF and Cincy would have been our conference mates then in a power conference.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I agree we have much work to do in the perceptions department. Getting Gameday here for the Iowa game....and absolutely crushing Iowa...would be a nice step in the right direction. Showing the Gameday folks around our facilities...as I'd guess Jamie will do...also a big step in the right direction. Featuring Jack Trice and our traditions...again...big step in improving how we are seen. But its all built around winning...we have to win.

Beating Iowa won’t do **** for Iowa State’s national perception. Jesus.

winning the big 12 and beating ou in Arlington, isn’t going to change any narrative other than holy **** Matt Campbell is one of the very very top coaches in college football, and he will be at Michigan or the nfl next year.

getting into a p4, keeping the current staff, and winning consistently in the next conference will change the perception, not winning in the leftovers and 4 schools no one cares about outside of their fan base league

and so you know sir, I’ll bet you that my donations to Iowa state are more than yours.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
BYU and Boise State, on the field, are better than the median Pac-12 program.

Cincinnati and UCF, on the field, are better than the median ACC program.

Those teams aren’t in those leagues because of $$$ and markets (and BYU’s unique situation), not because their teams aren’t good enough.

I could be wrong about this Big 12 being on the Pac/ACC’s level but it’s certainly not delusional to think so based on the data. The leagues are likely to be comparable top to bottom - it’s just that most observers don’t pay much attention outside of the very top, and that’s where Clemson will come into play.
I don't think we know yet how much the boost will be for say a 4 team addition will be for those teams added to the B12. We are all speculating but you do expect some boost.

We also don't know what the future decline of west coast cfb might be on the west coast. Those pics of UCLA stadium yesterday were horrible. It only takes USC, Or, And UW leaving the PAC some day and the B12 could be better.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Beating Iowa won’t do **** for Iowa State’s national perception. Jesus.

winning the big 12 and beating ou in Arlington, isn’t going to change any narrative other than holy **** Matt Campbell is one of the very very top coaches in college football, and he will be at Michigan or the nfl next year.

getting into a p4, keeping the current staff, and winning consistently in the next conference will change the perception, not winning in the leftovers and 4 schools no one cares about outside of their fan base league

and so you know sir, I’ll bet you that my donations to Iowa state are more than yours.
Out comes the HAWKEYE! I knew you were in there...and I knew your stale, wrong assumptions would rise to the top. You can't not be what you are, as they say.

Crushing Iowa on Gameday says....new paradigm in this state. Beating OU and going to the playoffs would say...new paradigm and new conversation on the national level. Making it clear Matt Campbell is at Iowa State for the "Snyder-esque" long haul...locks all that in as synonymous with ISU football. Do things change 180 degrees with one win...nope. But persistent winning and winning big games...that does change things. This is why I say...and you'll notice Matt Campbell said recently...just win.

Winning is what changes narratives and perception. And winning in what is and will still be a P5 conference REALLY changes it.

You will never know what my donations are...nor will I know yours. So anyone dumb enough to say "my donation is bigger than yours" has shown just who they really are. What it does not show is anything different about your black and gold prediliction.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Out comes the HAWKEYE! I knew you were in there...and I knew your stale, wrong assumptions would rise to the top. You can't not be what you are, as they say.

Crushing Iowa on Gameday says....new paradigm in this state. Beating OU and going to the playoffs would say...new paradigm on the national level. Making it clear Matt Campbell is at Iowa State for the "Snyder-esque" long haul...locks all that in as synonymous with ISU football. This is why I say...and you'll notice Matt Campbell said recently...just win.

Winning is what changes narratives and perception. And winning in what is and will still be a P5 conference REALLY changes it.

You will never know what my donations are...nor will I know yours. So anyone dumb enough to say "my donation is bigger than yours" has shown just who they really are. What it does not show is anything different about your black and gold prediliction.

You do realize there won’t be a big 12 after this season, right?

No one outside the state of Iowa, and I mean NO ONE, gives a **** about the state of Iowa, unless they have a connection to it.

and since you mentioned k state, how are all those successful season Bill Snyder had working out for them?

you’re really bad at this. You should stop. You’re making Iowa State fans look bad, and gonzo look intelligent

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ

No one outside the state of Iowa, and I mean NO ONE, gives a **** about the state of Iowa, unless they have a connection to it.

you’re really bad at this. You should stop. You’re making Iowa State fans look bad, and gonzo look intelligent
How will there not be a Big 12?

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ

and since you mentioned k state, how are all those successful season Bill Snyder had working out for them?

People care about good football....across the nation. Why do you think Gameday came here in 2019...and quite likely is coming again next week? Clue...its not because nobody cares about football here.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
People care about good football....across the nation. Why do you think Gameday came here in 2019...and quite likely is coming again next week? Clue...its not because nobody cares about football here.

Then you take that up with the people that say Iowa state brings nothing to the table.

And you’re actually getting worse here

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Because the two programs that generate an 14 million dollars per team, will pay whatever settlement they agree to, and go to the sec.

I am not surprised you don’t understand this, sadly.
And still the Big 12 exists.

One of us isn't understanding how this works, and it sure ain't me.

Reactions: Legend12

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
And still the Big 12 exists.

One of us isn't understanding how this works, and it sure ain't me.

You actually don’t understand how any of this works.

Maybe we can add basketball schools too, that should make all that lost money back.