Cy-Hawk Dual

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I would love nothing more than to sit down with Metcalf and St. John no phones, no cameras and just ask each one the bad blood between both of them and Iowa now. Legit never seen St. John that fired up and refusing to give into that staff's BS.

Side note find it awfully funny how as soon as someone leaves the Iowa program for another program, staff, etc. they almost always realize how stupid the antics are and change.

Knowing a couple of former Hawkeyes, chats with them have enlightened me on the Brands, not good people.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Learn to care about more than one game each season and you will get back to the normal group.
I get over it eventually. But it takes longer with each consecutive loss. These losses aren't season defining, but it would be nice to get some wins from a pride stand point.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Jeez I think you need to find another hobby or something. It's sports, it's not life. And I can guarantee you that the coaches and student athletes care about losing to any team more than you.
I am surrounded by hawk fans in my personal life. They are everywhere out here in eastern IA. I don't get to wake up and go to work with fellow cyclone fans, I have to go face a bunch of arrogant pr***s

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Losing to Iowa hurts me as a fan. I just wish it also hurt our coaches and players across the various sports the same.
I am surrounded by hawk fans in my personal life. They are everywhere out here in eastern IA. I don't get to wake up and go to work with fellow cyclone fans, I have to go face a bunch of arrogant pr***s

Why do we feed ourselves this "they don't care" bs when we have a tough loss?

These athletes are competitors, and it's our instate rival. Of course they care.

And our athletes don't owe you anything on a personal level.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Why do we feed ourselves this "they don't care" bs when we have a tough loss?

These athletes are competitors, and it's our instate rival. Of course they care.

And our athletes don't owe you anything on a personal level.
They care. They just don't care more about it than they do other matches/games.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyched

Matrat

Feb 11, 2018
Knowing a couple of former Hawkeyes, chats with them have enlightened me on the Brands, not good people.
They’ve not changed since their younger years. It’s actually worse because now they are in positions of authority.

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
I guess I missed the death threats...I really have no idea what that's all about. I was more referring to his on the mat aggression. In years past that elbow by Ram would have lead to much more.
You seem to be more in tune with the situation though, so I'll take your word for it.

Most recently, he threatened the Dad of one of his teammates at the Luther Open. They wrestled each other in the finals & Desanto didn’t like someone wearing Iowa gear rooting for his opponent. Even if it was a teammate.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Yeah they are a couple of dirt balls and Barta is completely hands off with the programs which just dumps fuel on the fire. With that being said, I can't wait to watch the documentary on BTN next month, that will be must see TV.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I will say I tend to like most wrestling fans - passionate people, love watching their guys fight and win. Wrestling is a great sport with a lot of good people. But man, it's just hard sometimes with hawk fans. A lot seem to be clueless and even more tough guy stuff behind their screen names just trying to bash any and all isu coaches and wrestlers. Easier said than done comes to mind. A lot have no clue the work it takes to get to an elite level and I'm guess a lot barely made it out of a JV singlet before quitting the sport but have no problem trying to bash Dresser, Metcalf and St John. I loved the meet last night and continue to think the coaches are doing a great job and building the program up the right way. Great things take time and I'm glad we have the coaches we have. I think our guys stayed pretty calm and composed for most of the night. They made it entertaining without looking like complete jack*sses. The future is bright and the guys are getting better and the depth is finally there. 133, 149, 174, and 197 we had great game plans and only came away with 1 of the 4. 133 needs to find something, anything, a go-to shot.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah they are a couple of dirt balls and Barta is completely hands off with the programs which just dumps fuel on the fire. With that being said, I can't wait to watch the documentary on BTN next month, that will be must see TV.
Maybe someone can explain how canceling a home match doesn't entitle you to a home match the following year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron