NBA: ***2021-2022 NBA thread***

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
So...are the 2 best teams in the East Milwaukee and Philly?

If the Bulls can pull off a trade for some frontcourt help they are right in the mix too. Only 1 game back from 1st right now and that is without Ball at the moment and losing Caruso for extended period of time after Grayson Allen broke his wrist and lost Patrick Williams after just 5 games. If they can land a decent 4 or big man depth they have a solid core when healthy.

Reactions: cyfanatic

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Man what a turn of events for Brooklyn. As good of an offensive big three as anyone in the league when Irving, Durant and Harden got there.

Now one of them cant play home games because he wont get vaccinated, one is still an alpha in his prime but injury prone, and one just got traded for a tall point guard that plays defense but wont shoot past the free throw line. What coulda been.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
If the Bulls can pull off a trade for some frontcourt help they are right in the mix too. Only 1 game back from 1st right now and that is without Ball at the moment and losing Caruso for extended period of time after Grayson Allen broke his wrist and lost Patrick Williams after just 5 games. If they can land a decent 4 or big man depth they have a solid core when healthy.

What are your thoughts on Ayo? He has impressed! But if the Bulls were to be completely healthy...where does Ayo fit? Will he take minutes from someone the Bulls projected to be a major contributor?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, Bulls just need to get healthy. Need Ball and Caruso to get back and then I think they are right there for the best in the East with Philly and the Bucks.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Man what a turn of events for Brooklyn. As good of an offensive big three as anyone in the league when Irving, Durant and Harden got there.

Now one of them cant play home games because he wont get vaccinated, one is still an alpha in his prime but injury prone, and one just got traded for a tall point guard that plays defense but wont shoot past the free throw line. What coulda been.
I figured it wouldn't work but couldn't have guessed how. The possibilities for how it would fail were endless!
Still, if they keep them all and they all end up somehow able to play in the playoffs, they could probably still win!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Yeah, Bulls just need to get healthy. Need Ball and Caruso to get back and then I think they are right there for the best in the East with Philly and the Bucks.

They needed another big in their rotation. For as good as their guard court and wings are, after Vuc they have nothing in the front court. Would have liked to see them go after someone like Harrell.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
It will be interesting to see how Simmons does. No idea what kind of shape he is in or if he will be engaged mentally.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
What are your thoughts on Ayo? He has impressed! But if the Bulls were to be completely healthy...where does Ayo fit? Will he take minutes from someone the Bulls projected to be a major contributor?

Honestly I haven't really been an avid follower of the Bulls in recent years other than following news, scores, occasionally turning on a game for a few minutes. NBA does not excite me much anymore as it did when I grew up in the 90's when it was probably the most entertaining IMO.

That being said seems like they got a steal drafting Ayo in the 2nd round. Too bad they could not find a trade to move White and he could just slide in as the backup guard spot when Ball is back.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
They needed another big in their rotation. For as good as their guard court and wings are, after Vuc they have nothing in the front court. Would have liked to see them go after someone like Harrell.

Will see if anyone hits waivers with buyouts soon maybe that they could snag. Millsap would be a nice piece but sounds like Philly may keep him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Simmons doesn't want to be the hero so I think he'll be fine in NJ. Whether all the pieces work, who knows.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Has anyone been able to put their finger on why Simmons' refusal to touch the ball in the 76ers last playoff series was the front office's fault? I still love he somehow blamed them for that.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Has anyone been able to put their finger on why Simmons' refusal to touch the ball in the 76ers last playoff series was the front office's fault? I still love he somehow blamed them for that.
I've been wondering the same thing. But he's the Nets problem now. Can't believe Philly traded Simmons and 2 first round picks+ for Harden

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Didn't someone in the organization acknowledge in the press that he had to work on his shooting, or something?
I think I remember something like that. Seems pretty petty for him to be mad about that, especially because anyone with working eyes can see that he has work to do.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Didn't someone in the organization acknowledge in the press that he had to work on his shooting, or something?
I think I remember something like that. Seems pretty petty for him to be mad about that, especially because anyone with working eyes can see that he has work to do.
Pretty sure someone in the organization straight up said they're paying him to be an alpha and not fear taking the final shots in games.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I was looking through a timeline of this and that was mentioned.