NBA: ***2021-2022 NBA thread***

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Last night was the second time ever (with the current number of teams and set-up) that in a 5 game (or more) slate the average margin of victory was 20+.

These guys are shucked out and going through the motions coming into the break.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I really enjoy watching Ja Morant...thought this quote was awesome after being fouled hard by Marcus Morris...handled so well:

"Regarding the play, I'm not worried about it," Morant said afterward. "I'm actually cool with Morris brother. You see I got up. I played on concrete all my life."

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I really enjoy watching Ja Morant...thought this quote was awesome after being fouled hard by Marcus Morris...handled so well:

"Regarding the play, I'm not worried about it," Morant said afterward. "I'm actually cool with Morris brother. You see I got up. I played on concrete all my life."

I generally hate the Morris twins but I thought it was just a hard foul without any intent to injure. I know Morris has a bad reputation I just think he made a bad play on the ball and underestimated how explosive ja is. I also can definitely understand why it was called a flagrant 2

Reactions: cyfanatic

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I don’t know how, but the Lakers lost to a roster depleted tanking Portland team and Blevins had 8 points for Portland.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Is this a useful/good trade for the Bucks? I don't know enough about this guy...does he make them even stronger?

Seems like just provides some quality big man depth. They weren't getting much from Divincenzo this year and Lopez is still out so it probably does improve them right now. Ibaka is also a good 3 point shooter.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Harden pulled the strings.
It always seemed like the combination of Kyrie/Harden/Durant wasn't ever going to work. Whenever one would come back from injury, another would mysteriously get hurt around that time. Then you throw in the Kyrie fiasco to make it worse. I got the feeling that they never actually like playing together.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
It always seemed like the combination of Kyrie/Harden/Durant wasn't ever going to work. Whenever one would come back from injury, another would mysteriously get hurt around that time. Then you throw in the Kyrie fiasco to make it worse. I got the feeling that they never actually like playing together.

I don't get why KD didn't stay in Oakland...he never seems to be happy with any of the circumstances he finds himself in. He is damn good for sure...but something about him makes him seem kind of like a stealth-diva.

Reactions: Halincandenza

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't get why KD didn't stay in Oakland...he never seems to be happy with any of the circumstances he finds himself in. He is damn good for sure...but something about him makes him seem kind of like a stealth-diva.
I don't think Green liked him and SC and Klay will take Green's side.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Though I would be hesitant to pay Harden the biggest contract in NBA history this summer, the 76ers can't waste Embidd's play this year and prime with his injury history the move is justifiable. They are real contenders now.

I actually like the fit of Simmons being the 3 best player for the Nets assuming Durant is healthly and Kyrie can play. Big move and they avoid paying Harden. Makes sense though when all 3 played last year in the playoffs they were the best team.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Though I would be hesitant to pay Harden the biggest contract in NBA history this summer, the 76ers can't waste Embidd's play this year and prime with his injury history the move is justifiable. They are real contenders now.

I actually like the fit of Simmons being the 3 best player for the Nets assuming Durant is healthly and Kyrie can play. Big move and they avoid paying Harden. Makes sense though when all 3 played last year in the playoffs they were the best team.

So...are the 2 best teams in the East Milwaukee and Philly?

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA

It think part of it will depend on how well these two play together. I'm not sure how well that will go.

Edit. Never mind, sounds like Harden is exercising his option.