***Big 12 Championship (Sat.-Sun.; Tulsa)***

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
Data feed problem + CG problem + bug problem + communication problem.

Rough night for the production truck.

The on-screen scores were off-and-on the whole weekend, rebooted and disappearing every 1-3 minutes, even during the finals. At least leading up to the finals they had people who knew to use numbers without decimals in the scores. The brackets shown during the finals had errors.
I don't know if the production is done by Big 12 employees, arena employees, OSU employees, or remedial junior high kids, but whoever it was should not ever be allowed close to a scoring desk again. There obviously was not a single person who new how to correctly run the software. Grrrr.

• Agree
Reactions: LSGOST8

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Incredibly disappointed in the overall results from the weekend, but upon reflection, individually it may not have been THAT bad.

125 - I'm not sure how they didn't award Kysen back points when he threw Teske. If he gets swipes there, he's likely in the finals and we're singing his praises. That said, very disappointing after that. As others said, he needs to learn how to finish. He's in so deep and right there with his shots, but gets rolled through way too often.

133 - Caught some breaks with upsets clearing his path, but wrestled really well. Very happy for him.

141 - Illness has been rumored, but I have to think the weight cut was affecting him. He's been wrestling close/tentative all season and it's catching up to him. We knew he didn't want to go 41, but did it for the team. Would the team have been better with Redding/Parker at full feed than Parker/Degan cutting? Who knows? But I am sick of having our guys suck so much weight. See Austin Gomez as example 1A of what can happen if a wrestler is happy and healthy and not worried about weight.

149 - Most exciting and maddening wrestler I've ever seen. If he doesn't have a brain fart in the semis, he's also in the finals and our conversation is also much different. Were it a freshman, I could chalk it up to a learning experience, but for a 6th year senior...I just don't know.

157 - Stud. Deakin is the only one that even slightly worries me.

165/174 - They are what they are. Maybe even slightly outperformed my very low expectations. We really need upgrades here next year.

184 - I know he was battling some personal things, but the Mizzu guy just seems to have his number. Showed incredible resiliency. Teching Moore for 3rd was a thing of beauty.

197 - I'm not sure if it's the coaches or Yonger himself that lacks confidence going bottom, but it needs to get sorted. He can't keep giving away points to top tier guys by not taking down. From what I've seen, he's not been that terrible this year the times he has been down.

285 - The match against OSU was a travesty. I hate what wrestling has become with guys diving for the ankles and holding on for stalemates. If that is a stalling call when they are on top, it should be one from neutral also. Sam's been a great addition this year. Unfortunately HWT is so stacked I can't see him making the stand, but hoping for a couple wins at Nats.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
The on-screen scores were off-and-on the whole weekend, rebooted and disappearing every 1-3 minutes, even during the finals. At least leading up to the finals they had people who knew to use numbers without decimals in the scores. The brackets shown during the finals had errors.
I don't know if the production is done by Big 12 employees, arena employees, OSU employees, or remedial junior high kids, but whoever it was should not ever be allowed close to a scoring desk again. There obviously was not a single person who new how to correctly run the software. Grrrr.
Agree with you. However, everyone complaining about ESPN, they actually usually do a really nice job at Nationals, so I have to think this was Big12 Now folks. Even local broadcasts are better. This was done by people who have never broadcast wrestling before.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's in Oklahoma. They are probably impressed with just plain reading and writing down there.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Arizona State won their 3rd PAC12 champ in a row. But, Their hand signal..........

FNOQYo7VcAAODnj

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Watched Teemer wrestle. 157 pounder for ASU and undefeated. I think he took zero shots and won 2-1 against Willits of Oregon State. Was cocky after he won. Not impressed

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Watched Teemer wrestle. 157 pounder for ASU and undefeated. I think he took zero shots and won 2-1 against Willits of Oregon State. Was cocky after he won. Not impressed
I watched him a while back too and had a similar, non-aggressive impression. He can be athletic but he doesn't push action to me. He should try that approach against David and see how that works out for him.

• Agree
Reactions: Exorcyzed

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
He’s a tough wrestler. I think he can give Deakin a tough time. David beat him 4-1 in Jan 2020.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I knew David had a close match against him. I think Teemer is very athletic. He might grab a takedown somewhere, but not sure if he will keep up with the pace of David.

Was extremely boring match.