***Big 12 Championship (Sat.-Sun.; Tulsa)***

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I knew David had a close match against him. I think Teemer is very athletic. He might grab a takedown somewhere, but not sure if he will keep up with the pace of David.

Was extremely boring match.
Agreed. Don’t think he can beat Carr, but can make it close and boring. I do think he has potential to upset Deakin though if Deakin has a tough weight cut. I’d rather Carr have to wrestle Teemer than a full feed Deakin in Sat night.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I think most would see a close loss as a much better look than getting pinned.

I don’t think Franek will open up, but that’s also just kind of his style. Hard nosed grinder.
Cam Amine is an example of this. Didn’t do anything against Kharchla or Marinelli. Kept the score close, moved his feet, avoided scrambles. It allowed him to keep it close enough to pull off an upset in the semis and have a shot in the finals. Good coaching but boring wrestling

pancake

Nov 19, 2017
That’s fine but Parker and Coleman gotta do better. There’s no excuse there.
Nobody is making excuses. I would just reserve judgment until Detroit is over. Plenty of teams have slightly under performed at conferences and had a really good NCAAs.

• Winner
Reactions: stuclone

pancake

Nov 19, 2017
I’d get mad about that Schuyler let down but we’re supposed to be okay with this I guess.
Do you really think he let down...? That is a ridiculous assertion. He probably struggled with the leg passing of the OSU heavy weight, who is wrestling like a middle weight. Sometimes in wrestling we struggle with positions and then learn from it and make adjustments. Better here than at NCAAs.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa

The Wrestling Nomad
@wrestlingnomad

125 just waiting on Pac-12 third place to finalize auto bids. I already said Surtin, Terukina and Smith should be locks, leaving four guys for two spots: Antonio Lorenzo, Gage Curry, Joe Manchio, and Jake Ferri

Wrestling Nomad has 5 at large bids at 125. Did someone get one returned to the pool?
Jaret Lane did not wrestle at EIWA's, so that berth went back to at large pool

Reactions: stuclone

pancake

Nov 19, 2017
Where has that Parker been? Young is no slouch. He has beaten many senior level freestylers as a high schooler. I believe he even made world team as high schooler.
Parker has basically had 9-10 matches all year with very spotty training due to health/injury issues. He didn't compete until January, and has been bandaged up in various forms for most of the dual season. Perhaps getting an additional 5 matches here at Big 12's will help him be his best in Detroit.

pancake

Nov 19, 2017
Kem and Spencer Lee are the only Hawkeye wrestlers I actually respect. Kem seems like a really good dude. He actually was hurt... and wrestled as long as he possibly could.
Ironically both from Young Guns in PA and already had a fun, attacking style before they got to Iowa City. Morningstall & Dumb & Dumber have been unable to negatively affect their style as much.