2022 Recruits and their list of schools

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I would clear out some time to read this thread because the back pedaling was worth it just when they got Woods. Add in losing Henson and this is hilarious.

That thread was, umm, something...real brain trust over there. I've never been to that site before, but Ironbird is quite a fella.

I would have figured it out if I'd taken the time to think about it, but I'd never seen it spelled out that Cael has had at least one champ at every weight at PSU, and most of them have multiple Champs. That's mind boggling success for 11 NCAA tournaments.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
My bad it was actually Gable Porter I was thinking of. He beat multiple ranked kids. I should’ve done a little more research he was not even on Seabolt team but is from iowa. I also think he’s beat multiple Iowa recruits are we in on him at all?
Wasn't Seabolt's group the ones that weren't allowed to compete in the high school state tournament? If so isn't that going to kill his "wrestling school".

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That thread was, umm, something...real brain trust over there. I've never been to that site before, but Ironbird is quite a fella.

I would have figured it out if I'd taken the time to think about it, but I'd never seen it spelled out that Cael has had at least one champ at every weight at PSU, and most of them have multiple Champs. That's mind boggling success for 11 NCAA tournaments.
Hopefully you went through the decontamination process before you came back. I, for one reason or another, wander over there maybe once a year and then remember why I stay away. Christ almighty, what a total clusterf*ck of stupidity that place is. They don’t give one god damn about logic or reason in there.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Wasn't Seabolt's group the ones that weren't allowed to compete in the high school state tournament? If so isn't that going to kill his "wrestling school".

If you're referring to this year's HS state tournament, it was one kid -- Hayden Taylor -- who transferred from Solon to Greene County (where Sebolt is located) after allegedly being denied a wrestleoff in Solon. The state deemed that he transferred for wrestling purposes so despite physically relocating w/ his mom (not open enrolling), the state's decision was that he had to sit 90 days which made him ineligible for the postseason. Another Sebolt guy, Kale Peterson, transferred to Greene County at the beginning of the school year so didn't have any issue meeting the 90-day rule (IIRC Peterson has been living with Sebolt's family).

I don't think there has been anything directly related to Sebolt Wrestling Academy that has made anyone ineligible for the regular HS season.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy and Tigerguy_

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
If he's a Sebolt, plan on him not being at ISU. Seems to be status quo with TJ's wrestlers.
Speaking of Sebolt, is there a write up or does anyone know any details about the end of his competitive wrestling career? I was in HS when he was dominant and didn’t really follow collegiate wrestling until several years later.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Speaking of Sebolt, is there a write up or does anyone know any details about the end of his competitive wrestling career? I was in HS when he was dominant and didn’t really follow collegiate wrestling until several years later.

He redshirted as a freshman, then quit and was named assistant coach at NIACC the following season.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
All I know (buf would know better since my info comes from his nephew after we each had a few drinks) is that he went to ISU, struggled in the room, and lasted one year there.

• Agree
Reactions: Matt33 and buf87

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
MatScouts updated Senior Big Board:
3 Top 20 kids (blue chip/5 star kids)
5 Top 85 kids

#3 - Swiderski
#14 - Gaitan
#19 - Rojas
#77 - Euton
#85 - Perryman

3 blue chip kids, Euton is a hammer and is way underrated, and Perryman has a ton of potential.

Makings of a fringe top 5 class in the country.

But outside of high rankings (which is great) - these kids fit the team, staff and projected college wrestling style that is needed to succeed.

I have been hard on the staff about recruiting, but this is a monster class. Kudos to them.

Side note/question: Casey at #3 overall is our highest rated recruit since..?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
5 Top 85 kids

#3 - Swiderski
#14 - Gaitan
#19 - Rojas
#77 - Euton
#85 - Perryman

3 blue chip kids, Euton is a hammer and is way underrated, and Perryman has a ton of potential.

But outside of high rankings (which is great) - these kids fit the team, staff and projected college wrestling style that is needed to succeed.

I have been hard on the staff about recruiting, but this is a monster class. Kudos to them.

I assume David. What was his final HS ranking?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I assume David. What was his final HS ranking?
5. Probably should have been 3. Can see him behind Gable and Aaron Brooks. Behind Parris and Sasso is a little questionable, not just in hindsight either.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
5 Top 85 kids

#3 - Swiderski
#14 - Gaitan
#19 - Rojas
#77 - Euton
#85 - Perryman

We should have the #3 class at the lowest. Ohio State can’t be topped this year, they signed the 3 highest ranked seniors and a couple other top 50 kids. It’ll be between NC State and ISU for the #2 class. NCSU has 3 kids ranked in the top 25 and then another kid (Singleton) who should definitely be in the top 100, probably top 50.

This is based strictly on Flo’s rankings, which I know are not perfect. They haven’t updated their 2022 big board in a long time, and their rankings probably aren’t as good as MatScouts, but it’s the only wrestling subscription I have.

There are a few other really good classes (VT, Penn, Virginia, Stanford, Rutgers, Missouri) but they either aren’t as deep as our class, or they don’t have the top 20 hammers that we have.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
5 Top 85 kids

#3 - Swiderski
#14 - Gaitan
#19 - Rojas
#77 - Euton
#85 - Perryman

When half your class is 5 stars, that's Alabama football good. This class has the potential to be a program changer, fingers crossed.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
5 Top 85 kids

#3 - Swiderski
#14 - Gaitan
#19 - Rojas
#77 - Euton
#85 - Perryman

Spot on with Euton. Dresser identified him long ago and really liked how tough he was. Euton will be a guy with a lot of wins when his career is done.

• Winner
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone