The “We Will” Collective

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I swear I remember ISU athletics or Cyclone Club tweeted about a player portal that they will have to enable fans or companies to contact student athletes for NIL opportunities but I can't find it now. This would have been a month or two ago.
I stumbled upon this page on cyclones.com the other day. I'm guessing it's what you're referring to.

Reactions: MisterO

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
This is good news IMO.

The more Brent can bring in via businesses and corporate partnerships. The less reliant on individual fans they need to be. Win-win!

If we want to be a part of the #3 conference in the country and compete for titles in that league. We need a healthy collective for the current era we are in.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: MisterO

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
This is good news IMO.

The more Brent can bring in via businesses and corporate partnerships. The less reliant on individual fans they need to be. Win-win!

If we want to be apart of the #3 conference in the country and compete for titles in that league. We need a healthy collective for the current era we are in.
I'd rather we be a part of the #3 conference

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
This is good news IMO.

If we want to be a part of the #3 conference in the country and compete for titles in that league. We need a healthy collective for the current era we are in.
That is an accurate statement, but our real solution is getting the masses that give nothing to give something.

We lead the big 12 in the lowest percentage of grads that give to the AD. Wow.

Corporate sponsors, albeit helpful, are not the ultimate solution.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
That is an accurate statement, but our real solution is getting the masses that give nothing to give something.

We lead the big 12 in the lowest percentage of grads that give to the AD. Wow.

Corporate sponsors, albeit helpful, are not the ultimate solution.
Cyclone Club, yes. They need to radically increase people giving something to compete with our peers.

Separately, The We Will Collective needs more businesses and corps as individuals have smaller wallets and give to the Cyclone Club for tickets and parking.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
5,000 people giving $100 year is $500,000. That should be easy on most situations. However, as we see frequently this board people want a ROI and thank you notes to give to a non-profit.

Give because it's the right thing to do. I know, wishful thinking.

The AD and the We Will needs more givers. We have to be competitive at both to succeed and it's coming from the same people, corporate and individuals. One or the other will not be the solution.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
5,000 people giving $100 year is $500,000. That should be easy on most situations. However, as we see frequently this board people want a ROI and thank you notes to give to a non-profit.

Give because it's the right thing to do. I know, wishful thinking.

The AD and the We Will needs more givers. We have to be competitive at both to succeed and it's coming from the same people, corporate and individuals. One or the other will not be the solution.
Yes, the "I'm tapped out" people are annoying. They buy season tickets and parking passes I cant imagine that they are spending all of their extra income to do that. Sell 1 set of tickets each year and donate that money to the collective. Problem solved.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
This is good news IMO.

Agree 100%.
Great group leading this effort.
I signed up today.
For any kind of success, we need some larger contributors and a bunch of smaller contributors. We have few sugar daddy’s, so we need thousands of $100+ contributors.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Yes, the "I'm tapped out" people are annoying. They buy season tickets and parking passes I cant imagine that they are spending all of their extra income to do that. Sell 1 set of tickets each year and donate that money to the collective. Problem solved.

Oh, is that all it takes? I guess I'll just have to sell my kids' tickets so I can help pay the full ride athletes to want to come here? No, wait, then I'd have to pay even more for a babysitter on gamedays, guess that won't work for me.

You're right, I don't spend ALL of my extra income on season tickets, but ISU also isn't the ONLY thing we do in our free time. Believe it or not, some people like to spend some of their disposable income on other things, too. Not to mention trying to position ourselves so our kids don't graduate with hundreds of thousands in debt, and retiring before we're 80 & in a wheelchair.

So while you think us 'tapped out' people are annoying, I think you 'just give more' people are also annoying. Guess we cancel out.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Oh, is that all it takes? I guess I'll just have to sell my kids' tickets so I can help pay the full ride athletes to want to come here? No, wait, then I'd have to pay even more for a babysitter on gamedays, guess that won't work for me.

You're right, I don't spend ALL of my extra income on season tickets, but ISU also isn't the ONLY thing we do in our free time. Believe it or not, some people like to spend some of their disposable income on other things, too. Not to mention trying to position ourselves so our kids don't graduate with hundreds of thousands in debt, and retiring before we're 80 & in a wheelchair.

So while you think us 'tapped out' people are annoying, I think you 'just give more' people are also annoying. Guess we cancel out.
A little over reaction and you are making this too personal.

We are last in the big 12 of cyclones club givers that buy tickets and as a percent of graduates that give. I think we are the only school that u can buy season tickets without making even a $25 gift to the NCC. Crazy, imo.

The numbers speak for themselves. We need more givers.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
A little over reaction and you are making this too personal.

We are last in the big 12 of cyclones club givers that buy tickets and as a percent of graduates that give. I think we are the only school that u can buy season tickets without making even a $25 gift to the NCC. Crazy, imo.

The numbers speak for themselves. We need more givers.

I'm not the one that said everyone can have plenty to donate simply by selling a set of their season tickets... Reality is everyone's situation is different, and not everyone CAN or will prioritize donating to a collective. ESPECIALLY for those of us who already do donate hundreds/thousands to the university and athletics department.

I don't disagree that it's disappointing to be last in the Big 12 in the stats you mentioned, but I do disagree that complaining about it to current donors/ticket holders is the way to fix it.

Reactions: jctisu

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020

What do you give?

• Dumb
Reactions: VeloClone
Status
Not open for further replies.