University of Iowa has the worst football fans AND Coaches?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Ain’t no laws when you’re drinking White Claws (and yes, I know they’re probably Busch Seltzer cans and all)
White Claws, Busch Seltzer, High Noon... they are all the same. Simply repackaged Zima.

The son of an acquaintance of ours became know as The King of the Claws his freshman year of college at a private school in St. Paul. Maybe I'm the only one that finds that entertaining.

Reactions: somecyguy

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I was at the show (way in the back) it was a complete **** show. They threw stuff at Brandon Walker because he was riling them up. Their fans were so bad at throwing they smoked Kacey Smith who was on the opposite end of the table.

For everyone’s info, Brandon despises Iowa fans because in 2017 after the bowl game vs Mississippi State, Brandon laid into Iowa and made fun of them and the program (even though MSU lost). Walker and his family then received death threats from Iowa fans, they doxxed his wife online and even called her place of employment to get her fired.

So Walker hating Iowa fans is 1000% justified and the hate is very real.
That stuff about Brandon and his family sucks and all that, but seems to me like barstool perpetuates toxic sports fan culture soooo.....

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
White Claws, Busch Seltzer, High Noon... they are all the same. Simply repackaged Zima.

The son of an acquaintance of ours became know as The King of the Claws his freshman year of college at a private school in St. Paul. Maybe I'm the only one that finds that entertaining.
Does he like the rapper Yung Gravy? My nephew partied with him at UofM the last few years. I think his music sucks so it has kinda become a back and for joke with us about him.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I don't like Barstool (especially Portnoy, who is a giant POS), but that shouldn't be an excuse to do what they did.
I agree completely, but it's hard to feel too bad for him when you see him in a setting like this antoganizing Iowa fans to throw beers at him. Again, it's just perpetuating the culture that led to the problem in the first place.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Does he like the rapper Yung Gravy? My nephew partied with him at UofM the last few years. I think his music sucks so it has kinda become a back and for joke with us about him.
I don't know the kid very well. My oldest daughter is a big Yung Gravy fan and has been to two of his concerts. His music is terrible and I'm more open-minded to young people's horrible music choices than most of my friends. My wife accidentally referred to Yung Gravy as Little Biscuit. It has stuck around our house.

To give Yung Gravy some credit, he is the best rap artist I know of from Rochester, MN.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I agree completely, but it's hard to feel too bad for him when you see him in a setting like this antoganizing Iowa fans to throw beers at him. Again, it's just perpetuating the culture that led to the problem in the first place.
He wasn't wrong. The Iowa fan throws were about as accurate as Petras' throws.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
This is exactly the type of behavior I expect from a bunch of entitled kids from Joliet, Elgin, etc. yet claim to be from "Chicago".

I feel the superiority complex that suburban Illinois kids have over us Iowa kids is the route cause of the douche behavior in Iowa City. The best and brightest of Illinois stay in state or go to better schools. The rejects flock to Iowa City and move the urban Chicago the weekend after graduation.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Wow. I wanted to come in here and suggest that they couldn't be the worst but it seems I'd be wrong. They are at least strongly in the running. It's a game folks, and you support a team that has told you they don't care about offense for years. Get used to it and just drink the beer - you'll need it this year.