The Fran fade

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
How many teams in the state dance this year?
Is Drake projected to win the MVC? I haven't been following them much this offseason. I realize Loyola is gone.

I could see a world where Iowa State and Iowa both make the tournament, but think most likely it will just be Iowa. They have a lot less rowing against the current to do. In a thread on the Men's Basketball forum I predicted ISU to be 17-16 with an NIT berth. Could Iowa State make the tournament if a couple breaks go their way, like last year? Sure, they could. If last year taught me anything as a fan, it's that I won't bet against TJ. It's also why I'm not predicting them to be 12-21 and last in the Big 12 though.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Is Drake projected to win the MVC? I haven't been following them much this offseason. I realize Loyola is gone.

I could see a world where Iowa State and Iowa both make the tournament, but think most likely it will just be Iowa. They have a lot less rowing against the current to do. In a thread on the Men's Basketball forum I predicted ISU to be 17-16 with an NIT berth. Could Iowa State make the tournament if a couple breaks go their way, like last year? Sure, they could. If last year taught me anything as a fan, it's that I won't bet against TJ. It's also why I'm not predicting them to be 12-21 and last in the Big 12 though.
Drake returns almost their whole roster from last year. A lot of 5th year guys using covid year including Hemphill, Penn and Sturtz. Then of course got the coaches kid. I think 4 players made the top 3 preseason valley team. I have to think they're betting favorites. They slip up 5-6 times over course of year though and may have to rely on winning Arch Madness

Last edited:

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021

Drake is predicted 1 in the Valley

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and GoHawks

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Drake returns almost their whole roster from last year. A lot of 5th year guys using covid year including Hemphill, Penn and Sturtz. The. Of course got the coaches kid. I think 4 players made the top 3 preseason valley team. I have to think they're betting favorites. They slip up 5-6 times over course of year though and may have to rely on winning Arch Madness
Yeah, that is a really good returning core for making a run in that conference. Hopefully they can get it done. Won't be much in their way, although Murray State will probably have a bid of their own to become the next great MVC basketball program. :prohm:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah, that is a really good returning core for making a run in that conference. Hopefully they can get it done. Won't be much in their way, although Murray State will probably have a bid of their own to become the next great MVC basketball program. :prohm:
I think Prohm can do really well in the MVC.