The Fran fade

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
With optional defense?
Looking for defense in Fran's system is essentially like looking for organic products to buy at Walmart. Yeah, sure... I mean you can always find things that CALL themselves organic but you sure as hell don't trust it or it's quality at all. And if you put it in your cart you just feel dirty and know you're going to be disappointed with it.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Drake returns almost their whole roster from last year. A lot of 5th year guys using covid year including Hemphill, Penn and Sturtz. The. Of course got the coaches kid. I think 4 players made the top 3 preseason valley team. I have to think they're betting favorites. They slip up 5-6 times over course of year though and may have to rely on winning Arch Madness

They Valley is a one bid league, they will need to win the MVC tournament.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
How exactly?
Because they’ll beat all the cream puffs in the big 10 without beating anyone actually good. They’ll get to 12+ wins in conference on that alone. Then the big 10 love fest occurs and they’ll be a 5 seed and lose in the first round.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Because they’ll beat all the cream puffs in the big 10 without beating anyone actually good. They’ll get to 12+ wins in conference on that alone. Then the big 10 love fest occurs and they’ll be a 5 seed and lose in the first round.
Are you suggesting that a team coached by Fran would fade?

Reactions: quasistellar

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
They Valley is a one bid league, they will need to win the MVC
It always depends on non conference with these leagues. I don't think valleys deep enough though that it'll beat up its top teams too much. I could see 2 valley teams making it

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Tough question I think there's possibly 3 that could be 2nd best. Perkins, P. McCaffrey and Sandfort.
1 meaningless exhibition game in I think it's a clear #2 this season in Perkins. In really excited for him he's a bowling ball in the open court and can really defend. Will be interesting if Fran tries to make him primary 1 or if he's moved to the 2 after Uhlis suspension.

Reactions: heitclone

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
1 meaningless exhibition game in I think it's a clear #2 this season in Perkins. In really excited for him he's a bowling ball in the open court and can really defend. Will be interesting if Fran tries to make him primary 1 or if he's moved to the 2 after Uhlis suspension.

Howd you guys look in the exhibition?

DunkeyFeller

May 22, 2022
Great offense, shaky defense. Did a decent job forcing turnovers, especially Perkins.

Bowen‘s growth through the season will be interesting. He had some freshman moments early, but he definitely looked like he belonged as the game progressed. Love his passing ability.

Dix looked good offensively, would like some defensive improvement. Not worried too much with that though, just happy to see him even on the court after his scary injury.

Perkins and Kris are the top dogs on the team, no debate

Pat looked comfortable offensively, did great things there. Horrible defensively.

Connor played very well. He was confident shooting the rock, played good defense, and facilitated well on offense.

Rebraca looked way more confident on the offensive end, though he’s still a liability at the FT line. Did fine on the defensive end, didn’t really stand out.

Payton showed the hype is probably gonna be real. Super confident, did well defensively. Love the way he crashes the glass too.

Ogundele just looked meh. He’ll give us a big body late in the year, which will be nice against guys like Dickinson and Edey. Not expecting much from him, other then maybe 10 MPG.

Overall, pleased with what I saw and definitely room for growth. Expecting a pretty solid team.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Great offense, shaky defense. Did a decent job forcing turnovers, especially Perkins.

Bowen‘s growth through the season will be interesting. He had some freshman moments early, but he definitely looked like he belonged as the game progressed. Love his passing ability.

Dix looked good offensively, would like some defensive improvement. Not worried too much with that though, just happy to see him even on the court after his scary injury.

Perkins and Kris are the top dogs on the team, no debate

Pat looked comfortable offensively, did great things there. Horrible defensively.

Connor played very well. He was confident shooting the rock, played good defense, and facilitated well on offense.

Rebraca looked way more confident on the offensive end, though he’s still a liability at the FT line. Did fine on the defensive end, didn’t really stand out.

Payton showed the hype is probably gonna be real. Super confident, did well defensively. Love the way he crashes the glass too.

Ogundele just looked meh. He’ll give us a big body late in the year, which will be nice against guys like Dickinson and Edey. Not expecting much from him, other then maybe 10 MPG.

Overall, pleased with what I saw and definitely room for growth. Expecting a pretty solid team.
How was JBo? Was he sporting his 3 pt championship medal? He seemed pretty quiet all summer. No bar fights or puking pics. He must be laser focused for his like eight year. Maybe he went to one of Perry Ellis’ seminars on “play for years without ever graduating college”.

• Informative
Reactions: casey1973

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I've been called number 2 before. Not good.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Tough to tell given opponent. I like Perkins a lot, love Connor hitting 3s and shooting them with confidence if that carries over would be huge. I didn't love defense early on and that it appears Ogundele and Mulvey still will not be ready. Rebounding could be a problem with this team

• Informative
Reactions: Statefan10