Hawkeye Basketball Recruiting

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
We got one year of THT. Freshman THT's raw talent >>>>>>>>>> Perkins. Perkins is a nice, average B1G guard.

As far as playing smarter than freshman THT, that's a REALLY low bar to clear. He had a lot of growing to do, but the raw talent was so special he got drafted. He's carved out a nice career so far in the NBA. I don't see Perkins anywhere near that honestly.
He played his first several games as a 17-year old. A REALLY REALLY low bar to clear.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
We got one year of THT. Freshman THT's raw talent >>>>>>>>>> Perkins. Perkins is a nice, average B1G guard.

As far as playing smarter than freshman THT, that's a REALLY low bar to clear. He had a lot of growing to do, but the raw talent was so special he got drafted. He's carved out a nice career so far in the NBA. I don't see Perkins anywhere near that honestly.
I don't disagree with THT's raw talent but I don't think he would of improved as much as he could and to some degree that's happening in NBA. He was a can't trade piece when he first came into league and at end of his Lakers tenure he was dealt for an expiring contract. Perkins is improving every game. Are you saying Perkins has no shot at the next level?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I don't disagree with THT's raw talent but I don't think he would of improved as much as he could and to some degree that's happening in NBA. He was a can't trade piece when he first came into league and at end of his Lakers tenure he was dealt for an expiring contract. Perkins is improving every game. Are you saying Perkins has no shot at the next level?
I’m sure he will have a pro career of some sort.

Reactions: GoHawks

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa

I'm saying Perkins will not have anywhere close to the pro career that THT has had thus far. Getting in the NBA is tough. Sticking in the NBA for a few years is exponentially tougher. Perkins is a G-League or overseas type pro. Nothing wrong with that at all.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I'm saying Perkins will not have anywhere close to the pro career that THT has had thus far. Getting in the NBA tough. Sticking in the NBA for a few years is exponentially tougher. Perkins is a G-League or overseas type pro. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Fair enough

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
1st round is definitely a stretch I think if he shoots consistently well he could be a 10th man to a 2 way player. It's exciting to have a guard like him for once. He's a grown man
Do you think he will have banked $31+M by the time he is 25? THT has.

:mccaffery:
:eek: o_O

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Fun fact, THT is 8 months younger than Patty Mac.
Obligatory.
giphy.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
KXNO today Sean was slobbering all over Tony Perkins and how great he looks. Better than Murray. One guy called in and said he is first round draft caliber good. Really?
You know how ISU fans were excited after the first game yet tried to keep some perspective given we were playing IUPUI? Apparently Hawk fans not so much.

• Winner
Reactions: brett108

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'm saying Perkins will not have anywhere close to the pro career that THT has had thus far. Getting in the NBA is tough. Sticking in the NBA for a few years is exponentially tougher. Perkins is a G-League or overseas type pro. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I agree with this. Perkins has improved a lot these last couple of years, but I think he might be close to his ceiling too.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Iowa Wolves maybe. It's a long shot though.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Figured he would be higher than all those.
Recruiting rankings isn't an exact science. If you go back in time, Haliburton was probably the recruit that got the least amount of buzz in that class.