Denae Fritz transfers in-conference to Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
The majority of Baylor fans had an enabling and/or dismissive attitude towards the whole thing. They were completely tone deaf.

Beyond that, even when Baylor has national championship caliber level teams, their fans don't even show up. They don't deserve Scott Drew and they don't deserve any titles they get.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Big 12 originally wanted Rice from the SWC instead of Baylor (due to academic rankings) which caused Rice to be in G5 hell in Conference USA and now American, barely selling a thousand tickets per game when they routinely sold out their huge stadium in the SWC. So I'm sure Rice hates them just as much as we do.

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
And you know this how?

Seriously? Come on now. It's common knowledge by now among anyone who's paying attention, even casual fans like myself, that Bill is very difficult to play for; no less than Chris Williams and Brent Blum have commented upon it. Even Bill himself once joked that he couldn't coach men because they wouldn't put up with him the way women do (or used to do).

He's a great coach and a local legend and deservedly so. This does not mean that he should be immune from criticism or that he's somehow untouchable, especially in light of these unexpected transfers.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Seriously? Come on now. It's common knowledge by now among anyone who's paying attention, even casual fans like myself, that Bill is very difficult to play for; no less than Chris Williams and Brent Blum have commented upon it. Even Bill himself once joked that he couldn't coach men because they wouldn't put up with him the way women do (or used to do).

He's a great coach and a local legend and deservedly so. This does not mean that he should be immune from criticism or that he's somehow untouchable, especially in light of these unexpected transfers.
Many women's teams have had unexpected transfers this year, it is going to only get worse. Yep, I know CBF is harder to play for than some, that is no secret, those players are not stupid either, they know he is hard to play for. It amazes me that the the casual fan only seems to think it is CBF fault. You called him a spectacular *******, you did not just call him a difficult coach.

I mean I guess we could have the female version of Coach Prohm who was not hard enough on his players.

• Dumb
Reactions: Stormin and ICCYFAN

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I certainly hope Baylor loses every game and never makes the tourney. Denae basically gave us the finger after we supported her. She can rot in that cesspool of a school!
giphy.gif

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
At least none of our transfers are playing for Mulkey at Baylor or LSU! :eek:

To be honest I wish she would have went to LSU instead of Baylor. I just despise in conference transfers. Especially when the get plenty of playing time.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Many women's teams have had unexpected transfers this year, it is going to only get worse. Yep, I know CBF is harder to play for than some, that is no secret, those players are not stupid either, they know he is hard to play for. It amazes me that the the casual fan only seems to think it is CBF fault. You called him a spectacular *******, you did not just call him a difficult coach.

I mean I guess we could have the female version of Coach Prohm who was not hard enough on his players.

The transfers aren't just a this year problem....

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
And you know this how?

These girls have friends, family, etc. they talk to. I've heard plenty of stories about Bill that have shaped my opinion on him. Anyone is welcome to feel however they'd like about him, but I don't understand acting like these girls who leave don't share their thoughts with people outside the program.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Interconference transfers should have to sit a year. IMO not just because of the Fritz. Something needs to be done to stem the tide.

Godly Christian University though cough cough
The SEC already enforces this, I believe. Although you mean intraconference.

Reactions: Cyfan1965

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Interconference transfers should have to sit a year. IMO not just because of the Fritz. Something needs to be done to stem the tide.

Godly Christian University though cough cough
This or make players sign 2 year contracts. or both?

Not sure what the best rule is but, agree something needs to change

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Baylor still has 2 scholarships available. It will be interesting to see how much playing time DF will get. I am hoping she doesn't become another "Bickle"...

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Hooray my first post rated as Dumb....I am so proud.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cycsk
Status
Not open for further replies.