Iowa Beers Release/Distribution Thread

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I think it's sold out now, but Barn Town had Super Extra Fantastic recently and it was outstanding.

Lua Ego Death, great of course.

View attachment 112926

I just had my last can of this last night and it was super sweet. WAY sweeter than I remembered it. I don't know if the hops fell off and made the sweetness come out or what. But I didn't enjoy Can #4 that much.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
For anyone in Eastern IA, the North Liberty Hyvee is awesome. The only Hyvee I've seen close is Edgewood Rd in CR. They have all of the Pequod stuff plus 450 North, RAR, Lua, Marto, Funk Factory, etc. Even scored a Rebel single-barrel barrel-proof store pick for 40.
HyVee Drug on Boysen Rd in CR has pretty good craft beer selection.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Can confirm. Cyclones Liquors is carrying a good selection of Pulpit. Do yourself a favor and try a can of Pour Over Porter. You can thank me later.
I’ve had several variations of the POP and it’s always good. You didn’t happen to see any Coconut Migration there did you? It’s a collab between Pulpit and SingleSpeed that I really like.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
I’ve had several variations of the POP and it’s always good. You didn’t happen to see any Coconut Migration there did you? It’s a collab between Pulpit and SingleSpeed that I really like.
Don't remember seeing it, but it sounds delicious. May have to revisit CL.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Exile already gets zero dollars from me. This just deters me even more.
Yes exile makes a crap product

Didn’t CF partner once upon a time with Barntown for a beer? I’d be there even more than i am now if we got a barntown beer that helped ISU

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Yes exile makes a crap product

Didn’t CF partner once upon a time with Barntown for a beer? I’d be there even more than i am now if we got a barntown beer that helped ISU
A partnership with a brewery like confluence would have a bigger reach I would think.

Reactions: MJ29 and Messi