Pac poaches Co. from Big12

SEC poaches OU & Tex from Big12

B1G poaches USC & UCLA from Pac

And the Big12 is ruining college football
I like this post.

But I'd like to add a preface:

SEC poaches Arkansas from SWC

BIG8 poaches Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Baylor from SWC

My biggest concern is after this current round, will it be stable during the 2035 negotiations? Will cable sports continue to cut costs?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yep SEC poaches A&M from BIG12

B1G poaches Neb from BIG12

SEC poaches Mizz from Big12

Well duh - we’re the cockroach that refuses to die in their eyes.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
The one thing I disagree with is the Ohio States and Alabamas will not chirp about unequal distribution as long as: 1) their conferences remain far and away more wealthy than the other “Power” conferences; 2) the Indianas and Vanderbilt’s remain easy wins (in at least football) the majority of years. Those two caveats seem like a lock for a while.

Poor performing (AKA easy wins) teams are a feature not a flaw in a fabulously wealthy conference.

Edit: there to their… geesh, need more coffee
There's no chatter about this right now because each new media deal has been much richer than the last. The B10 is going from ~$60M to about $80M when the new deal kicks in, and the CFP goes back out to market in a few years that might push them towards $100M. It's easy to be happy when your distributions are going up quickly. But I wouldn't be surprised if there are grumblins if their next media deal doesn't give them a 20% or even a 10% bump.

• Agree
Reactions: Lexclone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

And don’t forget…. the Big 12 doesn’t play defense either!!!

Reactions: SolarGarlic

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008

Pac poaches Utah from MW, ruining G5's forever /s

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Don’t understand the big deal about calling the company X.
Musk has a boner for it and tried converting Paypal over it years ago, but the other owners had the common sense to tell him no. Dude is single-handedly pissing away billions in branding.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Musk has a boner for it and tried converting Paypal over it years ago, but the other owners had the common sense to tell him no. Dude is single-handedly pissing away billions in branding.
Would agree, but it’s his money and his company so I guess he can do whatever he wants with it.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Enjoy.

Chirs, I will read your column later, but I enjoyed your comments on some of the national media platforms (X, etc) last night. Way to give them a piece of your mind!! They deserved it. And your comments will fall on deaf ears for the most part anyway. But you said what most of us felt!

I'm looking forward to reading your column here.

Is it football yet?

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
The one thing I disagree with is the Ohio States and Alabamas will not chirp about unequal distribution as long as: 1) their conferences remain far and away more wealthy than the other “Power” conferences; 2) the Indianas and Vanderbilt’s remain easy wins (in at least football) the majority of years. Those two caveats seem like a lock for a while.

Poor performing (AKA easy wins) teams are a feature not a flaw in a fabulously wealthy conference.

Edit: there to their… geesh, need more coffee
Totally agree. The conferences now have so many heavies who drive the dollars in the massive TV contracts that getting rid of an Indiana or Vandy or whoever and replacing them with someone else won't change much.

Consolidating down would just dilute inventory as well.

I'm celebrating this because ISU is in the best position it's ever been with regards to athletics and the new additions enhance that as well.

My nut cup's been retired to the garbage.

isuclone89

Oct 23, 2007
Medical Lake, WA
There's no chatter about this right now because each new media deal has been much richer than the last. The B10 is going from ~$60M to about $80M when the new deal kicks in, and the CFP goes back out to market in a few years that might push them towards $100M. It's easy to be happy when your distributions are going up quickly. But I wouldn't be surprised if there are grumblins if their next media deal doesn't give them a 20% or even a 10% bump.
This will depend upon what happens with the economy.