New (Different) Wrestling Facility

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
I asked when they'd release the video and they said it would be probably closer to hitting the goal. The facility is going to be beautiful. The location isn't so bad given they already have basketball out there. This thing has 6 mats, a training room, a weight room, a track around the mats, a recovery room with saunas and hot tubs and such. When you guys see the video you'll flip. It sounded like the renovation to Lied might still happen since the facility could use it and the track team but wrestling decided to go an opposite direction that fit them better. This is going to be great for recruiting.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Once the renovation gets rolling, it would be amazing if we could get a women's wrestling program rolling.

We'd have the space, plus there's a top-notch women's coach running the fundraising for our program. To me, it feels like the pieces are all there and starting to come together.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
I like the location out west. It would be cool if it evolves into an athlete village with housing, dinning, etc similar to what they have at the Olympic games. That might also allow the Stark to become football only.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Once the renovation gets rolling, it would be amazing if we could get a women's wrestling program rolling.

We'd have the space, plus there's a top-notch women's coach running the fundraising for our program. To me, it feels like the pieces are all there and starting to come together.
Completely agree. This would also give us some breathing room with Title IX for potentially adding a men's sport. For some reason I have always felt JP will find a way to bring baseball back before his tenure is done. Women's wrestling is the logical starting point. Regardless of that, we need to add women's wrestling.

Last edited:

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Need to give credit where it's due. Pollard is showing a big commitment to wrestling with the purchase of this building. $15MM from ISU for the building, $5MM renovation through donations. Sounds like $2MM is already accounted for. If this news doesn't make you want to contribute I don't know what will...
My man, I just saw your post after I started one about Pollard saying the same thing.

Agree 100% with everything you wrote. It's a great day to be a Cyclone!!!

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
I asked when they'd release the video and they said it would be probably closer to hitting the goal. The facility is going to be beautiful. The location isn't so bad given they already have basketball out there. This thing has 6 mats, a training room, a weight room, a track around the mats, a recovery room with saunas and hot tubs and such. When you guys see the video you'll flip. It sounded like the renovation to Lied might still happen since the facility could use it and the track team but wrestling decided to go an opposite direction that fit them better. This is going to be great for recruiting.
Curious... are saunas still illegal?

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
I have a vimeo link that was sent to me but can't figure out how to post it. Can someone help me out?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

The Vimeo embedding may not be working.

You could try putting it within code tags and it'd be copy\pasteable.

MhuWyRS.png

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Once it gets posted and you can see it, please know that there are multiple opportunities to become a part of this project with payment plans and levels available.

LFG!!!!!

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Wait so no longer doing the expansion stuff at Lied and taking over the Attack Fieldhouse instead?

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron