Caitlin Clark dating Conner Macaffery

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
100% Clark talk, I mean, “there isn’t anything else really going on sports-wise in Iowa right now, we have to fill two hours, thanks for tuning in, I’d like to see you go on the radio and fill all this air-time”

Smug *****.
I guess our last game against Texas and the Hawks taking on Bielema without CDJ are not important. Probably breaking news if she gets a hangnail or split ends.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I guess our last game against Texas and the Hawks taking on Bielema without CDJ are not important. Probably breaking news if she gets a hangnail or split ends.
I think you guys are talking more about Clark than Murphy did. Clark had a horrible game in November and it is the biggest subject on this board the day before you guys play a huge football game. The Clark Effect!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think you guys are talking more about Clark than Murphy did. Clark had a horrible game in November and it is the biggest subject on this board the day before you guys play a huge football game. The Clark Effect!
There are 112 posts in this thread about the greatest basketball player of all time at any level losing along wtih her team. At the same time, there are at least three threads relating to the Texas matchup with something like 220 posts between them. The #2 ranked team in the nation losing to an unranked team is newsworthy so of course it is going to be discussed.

There are also 140 posts about a Misery BB transfer getting two quick Ts and getting ejected last night.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
There are 112 posts in this thread about the greatest basketball player of all time at any level losing along wtih her team. At the same time, there are at least three threads relating to the Texas matchup with something like 220 posts between them. The #2 ranked team in the nation losing to an unranked team is newsworthy so of course it is going to be discussed.
Just find it funny in a lot of different things in life that the things people are tired of hearing about are also the same things they like to talk about. It isn't just ISU fans, it occurs in all walks of life and I'm guilty of it as well.

About the game, Clark played probably the worst game of her life last night. She was just off from the beginning and it kept getting worse. Have to give credit to KSU though, they played super tough and have a really good team. Will be keeping an eye on them the rest of the year. I didn't feel that way last year when they beat Iowa. I felt like last year was a little more flukish, but this year seems different with their post player back. They have a chance to do a lot of damage in March.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Just find it funny in a lot of different things in life that the things people are tired of hearing about are also the same things they like to talk about. It isn't just ISU fans, it occurs in all walks of life and I'm guilty of it as well.

About the game, Clark played probably the worst game of her life last night. She was just off from the beginning and it kept getting worse. Have to give credit to KSU though, they played super tough and have a really good team. Will be keeping an eye on them the rest of the year. I didn't feel that way last year when they beat Iowa. I felt like last year was a little more flukish, but this year seems different with their post player back. They have a chance to do a lot of damage in March.
Ayoka Lee is the real deal and she has been for some time. I don't think anyone looks forward to facing her.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Ayoka Lee is the real deal and she has been for some time. I don't think anyone looks forward to facing her.
She played great in the second half. KSU's Walker was the first player I've ever seen actually give Clark fits like that too. She was just as quck as Clark was last night and had about three inches on her and was also very physical. Yes, Clark did miss some shot she would normally make at a higher percentage last night, but she also took a lot harder shots than she normally has to take because of Walker.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
And shrugging her shoulders?

SR9qt.gif

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Awesome boomer-posting. Do you know where you are right now?

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Didn’t even try to get the rebound. A true coach would have chewed her out royally.

Yeah... that was beyond pathetic. Totally unacceptable effort. If she didn't get chewed out for that, I would not be happy at all being her teammate.

It's not like they got blown out, the game was close... and she just gave them an uncontested layup at the other end, and stood there and pouted. Does not surprise me one single bit though. She's always showed us who she is... maybe Iowa fans will even start believing some day.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
This afternoon on KXNO, they basically blamed her teammates and said that Jan Jensen will work with the posts and all will be fixed.
She has had all off season to work with them.