Caitlin Clark dating Conner Macaffery

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have never met an Iowa fan that knows anything about the women's team. Zero. Granted, I'm guessing most of them live around Iowa City, and I am from central Iowa.

I had multiple group chats with Iowa friends who were living and dying with every Clark shot vs. KSU.

I get it. She's a generational talent and they were in the national championship last season. It's cool they are interested. The bandwagon is overflowing to the point we had ISU fans cheering for Iowa last year.

The fairweather fans will be gone the instant her career is over.
There are ISU fanboys of them in this thread. Asked a t-shirt fan to name a single player besides CC — he said “that big girl.”

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
So her three teammates that did what she should have done and chased the player down court, they were wrong?
I don’t have a problem with people dogging her for her lack of effort on that particular play. But to pretend that it mattered because it was ‘a close’ game as time ran out is disingenuous.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This is intolerable! Stop dissin' on my beloved Hawkeyes and on Caitlin. GO HAWKS!!
giphy.gif

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Not really; ratings for Manningcast are tanking big time.

1) I'm reasonably confident that 1776 was being sarcastic.

2) I get the feeling that the Manning Bros have gotten kind of bored with it. They often look/sounds unenthused and bored, often struggling to fill dead airtime with forced jokes and uninteresting conversations. That said, when they get a good guest it completely changes the dynamic and reminds you why it can be worth watching, but most guests are just so-so, IMHO.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
1) I'm reasonably confident that 1776 was being sarcastic.

2) I get the feeling that the Manning Bros have gotten kind of bored with it. They often look/sounds unenthused and bored, often struggling to fill dead airtime with forced jokes and uninteresting conversations. That said, when they get a good guest it completely changes the dynamic and reminds you why it can be worth watching, but most guests are just so-so, IMHO.
Agree on how having a good guest really improves it, but I enjoy it regardless. I like hearing them not hold back, if a stupid play is called they call it a stupid play, I like their breakdowns of defenses and intricacies of the game. Will Ferrell was a pretty great guest earlier this season.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
  • Agree
Reactions: Acylum

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Agree on how having a good guest really improves it, but I enjoy it regardless. I like hearing them not hold back, if a stupid play is called they call it a stupid play, I like their breakdowns of defenses and intricacies of the game. Will Ferrell was a pretty great guest earlier this season.
I tune in for a couple minutes at a time each game… gets old quick….. but tonight NO, I won’t watch. CC is a big NO !!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So does Peyton actually have a digital electronic football kind of thing that he can see and use or is just some sort of green screen thing?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
That's too bad. Manningcast is definitely corny, but I much prefer it to the regular broadcast. I hope it sticks around
Sure beats listening to Buck and Aikman. Some of the best interviews have been when they bring in another good QB. Having guys like Brady Mahomes and Rodgers is a good time as they have so many good stories and all analyze the game well from a QB perspective. I usually watch Manning cast over the regular feed most games. Would be really entertaining if they just let loose with the adult beverages a bit like some regular fans do watching these games and see what happens after they've had a few, lol

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Sure beats listening to Buck and Aikman. Some of the best interviews have been when they bring in another good QB. Having guys like Brady Mahomes and Rodgers is a good time as they have so many good stories and all analyze the game well from a QB perspective. I usually watch Manning cast over the regular feed most games. Would be really entertaining if they just let loose with the adult beverages a bit like some regular fans do watching these games and see what happens after they've had a few, lol
I feel like the traditional format of play-by-play guy, color guy, and sideline reporter is just incredibly stale, regardless of who the people are. The Manningcast is a welcome divergence from that.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
If they want to get over 10 percent put CC in the same room as Angel Reese and see if they see each other.

Help Support Us

Become a patron