Caitlin Clark dating Conner Macaffery

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Yeah... that was beyond pathetic. Totally unacceptable effort. If she didn't get chewed out for that, I would not be happy at all being her teammate.

It's not like they got blown out, the game was close... and she just gave them an uncontested layup at the other end, and stood there and pouted. Does not surprise me one single bit though. She's always showed us who she is... maybe Iowa fans will even start believing some day.
You do realize that the layup was basically as time expired?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Just find it funny in a lot of different things in life that the things people are tired of hearing about are also the same things they like to talk about. It isn't just ISU fans, it occurs in all walks of life and I'm guilty of it as well.

About the game, Clark played probably the worst game of her life last night. She was just off from the beginning and it kept getting worse. Have to give credit to KSU though, they played super tough and have a really good team. Will be keeping an eye on them the rest of the year. I didn't feel that way last year when they beat Iowa. I felt like last year was a little more flukish, but this year seems different with their post player back. They have a chance to do a lot of damage in March.
Our fanbase likes women's basketball and has for 20+ years. Yours has been around for 10 months and will be gone after March 2024.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Our fanbase likes women's basketball and has for 20+ years. Yours has been around for 10 months and will be gone after March 2024.

I get this is the mud slinging rivals forum but Iowa's had good attendance in WBB for a long time, usually among the best in the nation. It's not like the men under Fran. The season Clark was a senior in HS they were #10 in the nation in attendance. We've have great attendance at ISU but that doesn't mean Iowa has not also.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I get this is the mud slinging rivals forum but Iowa's had good attendance in WBB for a long time, usually among the best in the nation. It's not like the men under Fran. The season Clark was a senior in HS they were #10 in the nation in attendance. We've have great attendance at ISU but that doesn't mean Iowa had not.
I have never met an Iowa fan that knows anything about the women's team. Zero. Granted, I'm guessing most of them live around Iowa City, and I am from central Iowa.

I had multiple group chats with Iowa friends who were living and dying with every Clark shot vs. KSU.

I get it. She's a generational talent and they were in the national championship last season. It's cool they are interested. The bandwagon is overflowing to the point we had ISU fans cheering for Iowa last year.

The fairweather fans will be gone the instant her career is over.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
The weather is always an option. Don't be shocked if somewhere, it gets used even for an indoor sport.
The humidity was too dry causing dry lips which made her use Chapstick which allowed opposing players to “see her”

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I get this is the mud slinging rivals forum but Iowa's had good attendance in WBB for a long time, usually among the best in the nation. It's not like the men under Fran. The season Clark was a senior in HS they were #10 in the nation in attendance. We've have great attendance at ISU but that doesn't mean Iowa has not also.

Vivian Stringer had some good things going for WBB at Iowa long ago.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
80s University of Iowa athletics …. Was at a level very very few schools experience.
Just ask any Squawk over the age of 40 . . . they will tell you all about the Natty's in every sport they compete in with unprecedented win margins.

edit: by Natty's I mean their game against ISU. They dominated us in that decade in most sports, but just looked and surprised MBB went 4-6 in that span. WBB and FB, not so much.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Creative
Reactions: 1776 and Acylum

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Just ask any Squawk over the age of 40 . . . they will tell you all about the Natty's in every sport they compete in with unprecedented win margins.
Agreed. Yet it was a hell of a decade for Iowa.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I have never met an Iowa fan that knows anything about the women's team. Zero. Granted, I'm guessing most of them live around Iowa City, and I am from central Iowa.

I had multiple group chats with Iowa friends who were living and dying with every Clark shot vs. KSU.

I get it. She's a generational talent and they were in the national championship last season. It's cool they are interested. The bandwagon is overflowing to the point we had ISU fans cheering for Iowa last year.

The fairweather fans will be gone the instant her career is over.
She is generational but Gustafson was incredibly good too.
Iowa will get almost a decade out those two playing a very high level if Clark comes back.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
80s University of Iowa athletics …. Was at a level very very few schools experience.

I think the legend grows about those things...they had some decent teams but weren't that good.

Their football and men's basketball were decent and played up the big fish in a small pond mentality.

Their women's bball probably had the most actual results-based success.

• Haha
Reactions: 1776

Help Support Us

Become a patron