Status
Not open for further replies.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I have spent a good chunk of my adult life hoping and wishing the media would not insert their personal bias into the news and let me decide what I find important. Cancel culture has to stop. You guys need to grow up. Never met him, but I'm with Quinn on this issue.
You don't think Kade Blume deserves to be cancelled?

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I have spent most of my adult life hoping and wishing the media would not insert their personal bias into the news and let me decide what I find important. Cancel culture has to stop. You guys need to grow up. Never met him, but I'm with Quinn on this issue.
Cade isn't cancelled. And not covering his wrestling exploits wouldn't be "cancelling" him.

From where I'm sitting, this whole thing continues to be a case of adults believing that sports matter more than morality. Those are the people that need to grow up

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I think two things:
1. Sexual assault needs dealt with incredibly harshly. Should he be wrestling? Absolutely not.
2. Going after a journalist for reporting the news makes you appear like crybabies.
Where am I going after Quinn?

Speaking of crybabies, you complaining that people are concerned Kade Blume is undergoing "sports washing" is the cry baby move of all cry baby moves.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m mixed. What he did was 100% wrong, no doubts. No gray area there

. I do know I don’t know all of it just like 99.9% of the people commenting. I believe it was tried in juvi court so we won’t know what their rulings and punishments were.

So I don’t know what I would do calling a meet with him, and I used to call HS meets.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Where am I going after Quinn?

Speaking of crybabies, you complaining that people are concerned Kade Blume is undergoing "sports washing" is the cry baby move of all cry baby moves.
All I'm saying is don't shoot the messenger here. Maybe he hates what this kid did and wants to shed light on it? Admittedly I am out over my skis in regard to knowing everything about this situation, but it seems like people are focused on the wrong people.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
All I'm saying is don't shoot the messenger here. Maybe he hates what this kid did and wants to shed light on it? Admittedly I am out over my skis in regard to knowing everything about this situation, but it seems like people are focused on the wrong people.
Then why comment? Kade Blume shouldn't be wrestling. The media should be covering him as the sexual predator he is, not the good high school wrestler they are portraying him to be.

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
school is afraid to take a hard line on anything, bottom line he should not be a member of the team
the Superintendent, AD and Coach all dropped the ball on this.
conduct does not conform to our student athletes code of conduct or policy and removal from the team is final.

could care less what his ranking is / would this even be a conversation if the same act was committed on a female student ?

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
school is afraid to take a hard line on anything, bottom line he should not be a member of the team
the Superintendent, AD and Coach all dropped the ball on this.
conduct does not conform to our student athletes code of conduct or policy and removal from the team is final.

could care less what his ranking is / would this even be a conversation if the same act was committed on a female student ?
If Kade wasn't a standout wrestler, I guarantee he wouldn't be wrestling right now. The school, Superintendent, AD, and Coach are all failing the victim and Kade himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.