Survivor 45

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This season started out a little rough with the quitters but it has gotten pretty competitive at the end IMO. Will be interesting to see what kind of fallout there is with Drew getting blindsided. Definitely a bit of showmance going on with Dee and Austin but gotta think Austin is not happy that Dee didn't have the courtesy to tell him a blindside was coming like she he did with Julie. I get that it is a game for a million dollars and I'm not sure yet it if it was the smart move for her to talk out Drew over Julie as I still see Julie as the biggest threat to win the game at this point. Kudos to Jake for at least making a last ditch effort to show he's not as dumb as we all think he has been so far by finding an idol and wisely keeping that quiet and able to make a move but it's still too little too late as 1 or 2 moves at this point is not going to make up for the terrible game he's played leading up to it. Katurah is kinda in the same boat, nothing much to show on the resume as she was so consumed with trying to get Bruce out for most of the game.

Really not sure how the finale shakes out but here's how I would rank the 5 left now as far as chances to win if they were to make it to the final 3:

1. Julie
2. Dee
3. Austin
4/5 Katurah and Jake

I think Julie is pretty much a lock to win if she makes it no matter what and Dee has a lot more on her resume than Austin does for social and gameplay so I don't think there is a fair amount of separation there and then there is Katurah and Jake that I don't see a way either have a chance of winning unless both make it to the end with Austin and they would need to take out the 2 biggest threats left to even make a case I think. That final immunity challenge is a big one, we know Jake will be safe up to 4 as he has an idol to use next tribal but whoever wins at 4 if you gotta have Julie do the fire challenge and same with Dee if either or both don't have immunity. Lot of scenarios could play out still but if anyone other than Julie wins the final immunity challenge the only chance you have of knocking her out of the final 3 is the fire challenge. I know Dee is tight with her but you would think she would know she can't beat her so voting Drew out who also was a threat probably was the wrong move this week. She said she was not going to let her emotions drive her votes but even with the showmance with Austin going on I think her close relationship with Julie probably has clouded her judgement a bit too.

Austin couldn't separate game from showmance and Dee could. Hope she wins of who is left.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Only way someone makes it to the final 3 with both Katurah and Jake is if 1 of them wins a fire challenge. That's the easiest path to win if you could bring those 2 to the end though.

If anyone left is with those 2 you don't even have to make much of a case. Just sit there are point to your competition and tell jury do I need to explain anything. :)

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
If anyone left is with those 2 you don't even have to make much of a case. Just sit there are point to your competition and tell jury do I need to explain anything. :)

Idk, i feel like theres a hailmary for Jake. Play your idol, and blindside someone. Win immunity to go to 3, and then win fire making. Yes, his resume up until Bruce leaving was weak, but his ending could leave a lasting image.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Idk, i feel like theres a hailmary for Jake. Play your idol, and blindside someone. Win immunity to go to 3, and then win fire making. Yes, his resume up until Bruce leaving was weak, but his ending could leave a lasting image.
Who on the jury does he have any kind of social connection with? He was clueless on several votes and the backup plan for some others. There isn't anyone left that burned a bunch of bridges on that jury, many of them felt "close" to them at some point and probably respect the votes. Drew might be the 1 bitter one with Dee Julie and Austin but no one else really were close with anyone left.

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
Who on the jury does he have any kind of social connection with? He was clueless on several votes and the backup plan for some others. There isn't anyone left that burned a bunch of bridges on that jury, many of them felt "close" to them at some point and probably respect the votes. Drew might be the 1 bitter one with Dee Julie and Austin but no one else really were close with anyone left.

Good point. Maybe im giving too much consideration into ‘playing the game’ versus the social aspect of it.

HarryClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2021
I always wonder how our perspective vs the players can impact votes too. We’ve had months and months of entertainment at Jake’s expense, but it’s only been like 1.5 weeks in real time. If he pulls off a hail mary here I think it’s reasonable for jurors to reward him suhvivin’ early merge as a target and finishing strong.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I always wonder how our perspective vs the players can impact votes too. We’ve had months and months of entertainment at Jake’s expense, but it’s only been like 1.5 weeks in real time. If he pulls off a hail mary here I think it’s reasonable for jurors to reward him suhvivin’ early merge as a target and finishing strong.
Can just imagine Jake and his signature "no way!" Line if that happens, lol

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
That was nuts. I thought Dee was going. Honestly glad it ended up being Julie. She would of run away with it if she was in final 3.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Jake absolutely blew it when he immediately told Austin about his idol on the reward. There’s zero reason to tell him that in that situation. Just play dumb, act as the easy vote out, then blindside whoever you want and you have a big move. Now he has no chance to win, despite making fire.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Think Dee won it when she revealed at jury that she had told Julie and Austin was hearing this in real time.

And if Katura didn't freak out she would be out at 4.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Agree, Jake's only chance of winning was playing that idol correctly. No one had a clue that he had it, as soon as he told Austin and then Katorah he sealed his fate. Taking out Dee with an unexpected blindside then beating out Julie with the fire challenge was his only path to a chance to win. Jury didn't give him a single vote probably because of how wreckless he played at times.

Dee was a deserving winner, a lot closer vote than I expected. Would have been interesting if it was a tie as Jake then may of been the deciding vote. And was refreshing to not have some of the social agenda topics detract from the gameplay like they have in recent seasons. In the end you had 3 diverse people in the final 3 that wasn't a forced thing or drama leading up to it when we've had players try to play the card that a certain demographic was being targeted. They just played the game and that crap never came up like it has in other seasons and this cast got along pretty well on top of it all.

Overall a good season, was slow to start with the quiters but the 2nd half was really good. If I had to guess Jeff is probably looking at season 50 as his last as host and turning over that job to a former contestant at the end of that season.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Agree, Jake's only chance of winning was playing that idol correctly. No one had a clue that he had it, as soon as he told Austin and then Katorah he sealed his fate. Taking out Dee with an unexpected blindside then beating out Julie with the fire challenge was his only path to a chance to win. Jury didn't give him a single vote probably because of how wreckless he played at times.

Dee was a deserving winner, a lot closer vote than I expected. Would have been interesting if it was a tie as Jake then may of been the deciding vote. And was refreshing to not have some of the social agenda topics detract from the gameplay like they have in recent seasons. In the end you had 3 diverse people in the final 3 that wasn't a forced thing or drama leading up to it when we've had players try to play the card that a certain demographic was being targeted. They just played the game and that crap never came up like it has in other seasons and this cast got along pretty well on top of it all.

Overall a good season, was slow to start with the quiters but the 2nd half was really good. If I had to guess Jeff is probably looking at season 50 as his last as host and turning over that job to a former contestant at the end of that season.

And overall outside of the quitters a group that really bonded as a group and no bitter jurors unlike Big Brother.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Man, I thought Austin might get Emily's vote. A 4-4 tie would have been wild. I thought Dee would win 6-2, definitely deserving.

Let's see if the Austin and Dee showmance turns into the next Rob and Amber.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
  • Informative
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Here's an update on all the Survivor showmances. Looks like Matt and Frannie from last season are still dating

Hope they end up in a more serious relationship. Obviously tv is going to show all the good stuff but they really look like a great match same for Matt and Frannie.

Normally showmances aren't my thing but both these couples are great.

Last edited:

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
How did everyone feel about Jake breaking the challenge? I really don't buy his story that he didn't do it intentionally, it sure looked like he did and I think the show thinks he did too. Jeff even warned him and he continued walking over the cage, then had the gall to be shocked that he was eliminated!!

Very whiny crybaby type move for me. I wish the jury could have seen that (or someone at least brought it up) but, at least he didn't get any votes anyway

Help Support Us

Become a patron