Survivor 45

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
How did everyone feel about Jake breaking the challenge? I really don't buy his story that he didn't do it intentionally, it sure looked like he did and I think the show thinks he did too. Jeff even warned him and he continued walking over the cage, then had the gall to be shocked that he was eliminated!!

Very whiny crybaby type move for me. I wish the jury could have seen that (or someone at least brought it up) but, at least he didn't get any votes anyway
I thought he threw a tantrum.
And if the jury knew about that, it probably sealed his fate.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
How did everyone feel about Jake breaking the challenge? I really don't buy his story that he didn't do it intentionally, it sure looked like he did and I think the show thinks he did too. Jeff even warned him and he continued walking over the cage, then had the gall to be shocked that he was eliminated!!

Very whiny crybaby type move for me. I wish the jury could have seen that (or someone at least brought it up) but, at least he didn't get any votes anyway

It was but he also took accountability after. I think Jake was under way more pressure than what we know. He passed out several times early in the season, had no real alliances. I thought he played pretty good with the circumstances he was in. I think the order of the vote was right.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
It was but he also took accountability after. I think Jake was under way more pressure than what we know. He passed out several times early in the season, had no real alliances. I thought he played pretty good with the circumstances he was in. I think the order of the vote was right.
He tried to take responsibility but, for me, it was a feeble attempt to put the toothpaste back in the tube. Just not possible at that point. The damage had been done

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

It was obviously intentional. He tried to play it off the the jury that it was an accident but his body language and intent when he was stomping on it while Jeff warned him says otherwise.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm not sure how much Boston Rob I could take as host...
;)
Yeah, him or Sandra. Parvati could be a possibility, she used to host an aftershow for awhile and was involved with some online content. It would have to be a popular former contestant when Jeff decides not to host anymore for the transition to go smooth.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Agree very poor sportsmanship.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Yeah, him or Sandra. Parvati could be a possibility, she used to host an aftershow for awhile and was involved with some online content. It would have to be a popular former contestant when Jeff decides not to host anymore for the transition to go smooth.

I don’t think u have to get a former player. They could get someone that is likeable from another show.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Jake seemed to be his own worst critic, so to get that far and have the dishes fall would have been extremely frustrating. Not the best look, but I certainly get being frustrated.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Jake seemed to be his own worst critic, so to get that far and have the dishes fall would have been extremely frustrating. Not the best look, but I certainly get being frustrated.
Oh I get being frustrated too and I would have been too. There are just better ways of letting it out or showing.

I would almost call it destroying production equipment as they do on Big Brother. Jake could really have been removed from the game for it

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

HarryClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2021
Fun season after some real duds early on. I found myself pulling for Jake near the end but as others have said he just couldn’t get out of his own way. Dee and others (plural) were more deserving.

Most of all I hope production keeps the 90 minute format going forward. I seem to remember it was a product of the writers’ strike to extend Survivor and Amazing Race to eat up an extra hour. I really enjoyed how much we got to know players and see the social side of the game with that extra time.

Anyone here ever applied for the show? I would break after a week (if I lasted that long) so it’s a no from me

Last edited:

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Fun season after some real duds early on. I found myself pulling for Jake near the end but as others have said he just couldn’t get out of his own way. Dee and others (plural) were more deserving.

Most of all I hope production keeps the 90 minute format going forward. I seem to remember it was a product of the writers’ strike to exited Survivor and Amazing Race to eat up an extra hour. I really enjoyed how much we got to know players and see the social side of the game with that extra time.

Anyone here ever applied for the show? I would break after a week (if I lasted that long) so it’s a no from me
Survivor 46 is slated for all 90 minute episodes beginning Feb. 28th

Beyond that--who knows but, at least we get 1 more.

I agree, I like the 90 minute format

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

Most of all I hope production keeps the 90 minute format going forward. I seem to remember it was a product of the writers’ strike to exited Survivor and Amazing Race to eat up an extra hour. I really enjoyed how much we got to know players and see the social side of the game with that extra time.

We talked about trying for the Amazing Race a number of years ago, and actually started the application process. But then we started reading the fine print. You had to be ready to leave your job 3 times with no warning: local interview in Chicago, national interview in Los Angeles, and then the actual game. The two interviews took up to five days each, and the game took a month. There were stringent rules on what you could tell your boss. Even if you were eliminated, you were still away from your job. So quite honestly, unless you're independently wealthy, work in a job that you can leave and return to easily, or work in a job where you can always find another job in your field (athletic trainer, bartender, etc), or are retired...participating in one of these reality shows is really not worth it. And now that we're retired, we're too damn decrepit to do it. :D

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

I too love the 90 minute format.

Could never do this or any other show.

Like KC said I like many others couldn't survive being out of work for that long. At least survivor is around a month. For Big Brother you have to plan on missing 3 months of work.

• Agree

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I too love the 90 minute format.

Could never do this or any other show.

Like KC said I like many others couldn't survive being out of work for that long. At least survivor is around a month. For Big Brother you have to plan on missing 3 months of work.
I'm assuming you get paid to be on the show, right?

• Agree

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Wish I was more into the show when I was younger compared to how I am now. I would have considered applying if I was younger and didn't have a job and family to consider. I doubt my employer would hold my job if I was selected for the show and that is probably the biggest hold up for a lot of people that apply I bet. Not worth throwing away a good job for the slight chance you could make it far on the show. Always said if I made the show the goal would be to make the jury at a minimum as even if you get voted out ots still a nice vacation being on the jury. Being on the show is probably a lot tougher than it looks to us once it's been edited.

My 4th grade daughter is already saying she wants to be on Survivor. We told her if she still wants to after graduating HS that time in her life would be the best to apply as can always take a semester off from college or have a chance right after college when you aren't tied down to a job and marriage yet to make it work. Hopefully the show is still around 8 years from now if she still has the desire to try.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
We talked about trying for the Amazing Race a number of years ago, and actually started the application process. But then we started reading the fine print. You had to be ready to leave your job 3 times with no warning: local interview in Chicago, national interview in Los Angeles, and then the actual game. The two interviews took up to five days each, and the game took a month. There were stringent rules on what you could tell your boss. Even if you were eliminated, you were still away from your job. So quite honestly, unless you're independently wealthy, work in a job that you can leave and return to easily, or work in a job where you can always find another job in your field (athletic trainer, bartender, etc), or are retired...participating in one of these reality shows is really not worth it. And now that we're retired, we're too damn decrepit to do it. :D

My friend competes in the Amazing race. Said most of the reality show people are either out of work actors, models, and people who have a lot money or time. That’s why not many middle aged people compete. Were to busy with our jobs . Trying to get off work that long is impossible most. My friend was in between jobs and decided to go for the race before getting a job

• Informative

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
My friend competes in the Amazing race. Said most of the reality show people are either out of work actors, models, and people who have a lot money or time. That’s why not many middle aged people compete. Were to busy with our jobs . Trying to get off work that long is impossible most. My friend was in between jobs and decided to go for the race before getting a job
We were in our early 50s. He was between jobs, but my job would not have been held for me without some sort of pre-planning, and that was the deciding factor.

Reactions: Drew0311

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013