What strange foods do you like?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Happy Joe's has the best Canadian bacon pizza. Don't ruin it with kraut.

JK4ISU

Dec 5, 2022
Ames
I’m of Danish heritage and like pickled herring. My wife is from a NE Iowa German family and they taught me to like rinderwurst. It is stewed beef, onion, and oatmeal ground together and served over cornbread and maple syrup. Just got some from the Oran locker a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: Big Daddy Kang

CYaeger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 23, 2019
Ketchup on homemade tacos. I put potato oles in my Taco Johns tacos, have done this for years. When I have prime rib and a side of bake potato in a bowl, Then I dump au jus over the potato... Sounds nasty but its good. Grated parmesan cheese on cooked broccoli. When I was younger, potato chips dipped in peanut butter.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
For all who share a Norwegian ancestry - Lutefisk.
I have no idea why anyone would want to cure a fish in lye.
But tasty at Christmas.
I could never get myself to try Lutefisk. I like the Norwegian breads and such. I worked at a restaurant as a teen and we had Kumla and Ham as a special once a week. Not a fan.

JeanValette

Feb 15, 2016
Minnesota
I like barley cooked in chicken stock on a rice cooker. I then add lots of hot sauce, garlic, and red pepper. Sometimes I'll add a bit of parmesan cheese to make it like a b****rd risotto.

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
My son is a distance runner and in the kind of shape where his doctor recommends putting salt on more things because his BP gets so low when at rest he can nearly blackout by standing up quickly.
I've always been of the mindset that meat was an excuse to eat salt and veggies were an excuse to eat butter, but butter on a steak or burger works also.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Ketchup on homemade tacos. I put potato oles in my Taco Johns tacos, have done this for years. When I have prime rib and a side of bake potato in a bowl, Then I dump au jus over the potato... Sounds nasty but its good. Grated parmesan cheese on cooked broccoli. When I was younger, potato chips dipped in peanut butter.
We do this all the time. Would rather do a cheese sauce but usually too lazy to do that.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
when I was kid, my mother would often make tuna salad or egg salad sandwiches for lunch. Both were popular with my family. But sometimes she would mix them together to make an unholy chimera of a sandwich spread. And... it actually wasn't too bad. Now, I haven't had it since I was maybe 11, and I'm not going to seek it out any time soon, but it wasn't the worst thing I've ever had.
I have always put 2 hard boiled eggs in with a can of tuna and miracle whip…. Add a slice of cheese and zap it under the broiler on a bun not sure what to call it … but pretty good

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron