2024 concerts

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I'm debating Shakey! I've seen him three times and he's a fun show, for sure.
I’m curious what Val Air looks like after the 15 million remodel. A lot of history there, didn’t realize it’s where Deans infamous campaign ending scream occurred.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I’m curious what Val Air looks like after the 15 million remodel. A lot of history there, didn’t realize it’s where Deans infamous campaign ending scream occurred.

I was there for the Jack White show in August 2022 - and it looked exactly the same as it had the most recent time before that in 2008 or so for Snoop Dogg. It was SO overdue for an upgrade. The bathrooms alone will be a gigantic improvement!

I also didn’t know that was where Dean’s scream was! I knew it was in Iowa, but had no idea!

• Agree
Reactions: Nothingman

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Thinking about seeing Pink.
I'd prefer one of those shows where she does all those acrobatic moves but it seems like she's kind of on a football stadium tour.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
I'd prefer one of those shows where she does all those acrobatic moves but it seems like she's kind of on a football stadium tour.

She’ll do them there. Very fun shows.. try to get to one.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020

I've seen her twice and she's so good live. I'm hoping she comes to DSM at some point in the future. I'm not at a place in my life where I can travel for concerts anymore.

Reactions: JP4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'll go with you. She's beyond underrated. I'll buy. Consider it your birthday present.

• Friendly
Reactions: JP4CY and MJ29

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'll go with you. She's beyond underrated. I'll buy. Consider it your birthday present.
giphy.webp

• Wow
Reactions: JM4CY

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I know that this has nothing to do with concerts in Iowa but it was just announced that Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper are coming to our area in September. I haven't seen Alice since Veteran's auditorium in Des Moines in the 70s and I've never seen Rob Zombie so I'm pumped for this one!

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Khruangbin not coming to KC yet again but going to StL, which is typically an inferior market for Alt music. So ******* pissed I dont' even know where to begin.

They should have played at Starlight. Would have been perfect.

• Friendly

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I know that this has nothing to do with concerts in Iowa but it was just announced that Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper are coming to our area in September. I haven't seen Alice since Veteran's auditorium in Des Moines in the 70s and I've never seen Rob Zombie so I'm pumped for this one!
I like Rob (and White) Zombie's music.
When I watch YT videos it seems like he gets winded at live shows. I'm curious about this concert.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
When I watch YT videos it seems like he gets winded at live shows. I'm curious about this concert.
Interesting to know. I'll definitely keep an eye out for that. The wife literally gave me a blank check from her bonus to get tickets so you can bet I'm getting as close to the stage as humanly possible when tickets go on sale tomorrow morning.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
When we saw Korn in 2022 Davis had an oxygen tank to the side of the stage he would take pulls off every once in a while. Still put on a hell of a show.

• Wow
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
When we saw Korn in 2022 Davis had an oxygen tank to the side of the stage he would take pulls off every once in a while. Still put on a hell of a show.
I'm all for it if it helps.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I saw Alice Cooper last May (before Rob Zombie joined up on the tour) Alice still can put on a good show
1706733038571.png

Reactions: Arkansas Cyclone